cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.

There is a new icemaker that they are putting in along with sealing the edges of the box and installing some clips to help eliminate the freezing up within.

Good luck.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah - they will replace the faulty parts for just another $724! I just had a repairman out this morning for this issue. I am in the process of researching how many people had this problem as well before I call Samsung customer support, and was very surprised to see how many people have written here. I didn't see comments like this before we  bought when I was researching fridges.

Our fridge just came off warranty 6 months ago; this is totally unacceptable, especially given that this was apparently a known issue for the company for quite a while. There should have been a recall.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues as everyone else. Classaction?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercwGPk7y9fU: Send me a private message.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How do I send you a private message?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercwGPk7y9fU You can send a private message to any mod or user by visiting their profile and selecting the "Send a private message" link. Though for quickness, you can use this link: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: I called Samsung that Friday and they offered a "one-time" exception to warranty the parts. A ticket was issued, I heard from the local servicing company to set up an appointment, but I wanted to verify how much labor was going to cost first. I didn't hear back from the servicing company. Called and left messages. Finally a week later, I was able to get a live person at the company, who then had no record of the ticket from Samsung for the warranty of parts. Turns out, Samsung created a NEW ticket number that the local service company somehow lost or didn't capture. Luckily, I had an email from Samsung with the ticket number, so they found it that way. By the time that issue was sorted out, Samsung had already closed the case because the appointment had not been scheduled yet! 

The local company service representative was very good at sorting out the problems, and asked me to stay on the line while she called Samsung, saying that Samsung often said "no" to requests like this unless the customer was on the line waiting to be patched through. Sure enough, she managed to get the case re-opened so we could schedule an appointment. The cost of labor was about $280, but the cost of the initial visit was taken off the amount, so it was about $80 extra (so about $320 all in.) Not great, but better than over $700!

So lessons learned: keep track of emails, ticket numbers, and names of people you talk to. Stay on the phone if a representative is trying to call Samsung on your behalf, and try to schedule appointments ASAP before they are closed out.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i NOT ONLY HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ICE MAKER FREEZING UP BUT ALSO THE FRONT OF THE REFRIGERATIO RUSTING OUT...THE ICE MAKER AND RUST STARTED ABOUT 14 MONTHS INTO OWNERSHIP; RIGHT AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRED. SAMSUNG SUGGESTED I BUY NEW PANELS FOR THE FRIDGE....LIKE I'D SPEAND ANOTHER DOLLAR ON THEIR PRODUCTS! NOW THE DIGITAL PANEL WON'T WORK SO IT NO LONGER MAKES ICE OR DISPENSES WATER OR ANY OTHER FUNCTION. I LOVE THE DESIGN OF THE FRIDGE BUT WILL NEVER BUY ANOOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have not had a technician out yet but i have been using a hair dryer and the reset button also as a fix after reading these posts I may not bother calling one out until i see a solution. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DON'T USE THE HAIR DRYER my husband used a hair dryer and now the wall to the ice maker is coming apart. I live in 

Oklahoma and lucky for me I had an extended warranty and we have a lemon law. After 3 times of trying to fix the same part they have  to replace the appliance or buy it for the price you paid, So they gave me the money. Oh and by they way there is a sequence of buttons you can push that will force the fridge to defrost itself it takes it a few hours so store up extra ice, it is easy to do.  I have misplaced the sheet right now but as soon as I find it I will get back on and give it to you.