JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 12/21/20 3:46 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
useru1JIWFahct
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the samsumg fridge RF28BEDBSR like 2 years ago , but after the first year the ice maker stop working. Everything is a whole bunch of a ball of ice over the ice maker, you can"t remove the ice basket!the ice maker stop making ice and every 2 weeks you have to defrost it. When you call customer service and spend more then 30 minutes by phone for a person that only tell you to defrost it or turn off the fridge for 4 hours!!!what??? more than 3k fridge and you have to defrost it like and old garbage fridge???  no guarantee because is more than a year. The only that the custumer service did after wasting my time and my nerves was gave me the phone number or a private thecnician to come over the house and charge me a lot and the technician told me that the work dont have guarantee!! Very dissapointed with SAMSUMG! i WILL NEVER HAV ANYTHING ELSE FROM sAMSUMG! iF THEY HAVE A LOT OF REPORTS FROM THE SAME FRIDGE WHY THEY DID NOT FIX IT!!! AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS REALLY BAD!!

0 Likes
groves
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi all,

I have a RF263BEAESR refrigerator that has been having issues with the ice maker lately.

My ice maker seems to make ice when I manually reset it. But after the initial test load it seems to stop. After I've used all the ice cubes from the test load, it doesn't seem to create anymore (even after waiting several days afterwards). I've tried to reset it several times now but it only ever seems to make the test load.

I've already taken most of the refrigerator apart and there was some ice built up at the back (not the ice maker), so I melted it all using defrost mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Likes
useryQAnKhceSV
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine did the same. I narrowed it down to the water filter. Bought the  OEM Samsung Water Filter for my model, RF263T, reset it, now ice is flowing.

0 Likes
-Albert-
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@useryQAnKhceSV wrote:

Mine did the same. I narrowed it down to the water filter. Bought the  OEM Samsung Water Filter for my model, RF263T, reset it, now ice is flowing.

I'm sorry but I don't beleive your post. You narrowed it down to the water filter? How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion? There's no way that the ice maker mess is caused by using a water filter made by some other company other than Samsung. 

0 Likes
rmfris
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When pigs fly.

@useryQAnKhceSV 

0 Likes
userFrjaufQeyw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model RF4289HARS/XAA

Unti stopped making ice about a week ago.

Remedies tried:

1) Unit is in ice making mode

2) Confirmed unit is getting enough water.  Approximately 10-12 oz in a ten second period.

3) Unit is not frozen nor needs defrosting.

4) Pushed Reset button on ice maker, unit chimes twice, ice maker does not cycle.  Waited 24 hours no ice.  Did this three days in a row waited 24 hours.

5) Unplugged machine for 10 minutes.  Plugged back in, pushed reset button.  Unit chimes twice, does not cycle, no ice 24 hours later

6) Unit does not flow water to the ice maker.

7) removed ice maker to inspect, no ice, no water, completely dry.

What other test can be performed.  Do I need to check the solenoid on the water inlet, or is this most likely an issue with the Ice Maker itself.  

0 Likes
useryQAnKhceSV
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The only difference is that I did get the test ice to drop, then nothing else. I changed the water filter with the OEM Samsung Water Filter for my model, RF263T. Reset, test ice dropped in 6 mins, then a few hours ice began to flow. 

user9AfCwS2aHX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I came on here to check if there's any recalls on refrigerators and stoves. Unfortunately I came across consumers with exact same issues a about their ice maker. WOW!!! I also read the solutions that was given by Samsung reps. HOWEVER, that never worked for me. I also came across a comment about lawsuit. How can I sign up? How can re be refunded? I'm scared to see about my stove now. I loved Samsung. My appliances, electronics, and phones are Samsung. Now I need to be cautious because the issues I'm having seems to be the norm for a lot of consumers

rmfris
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had ice maker issues. My refrigerator was several years out of warranty. I contacted Samsung and explained the issue. They sent out a Samsung service tech, he replaced the entire ice maker with a special kit that had all the components, all no charge. It works great now.

userm2g1lEf6Rj
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I read your post. Contacted Samsung on the website chat. They are doing the same thing for me as I type this. No cost service appointment is scheduled.