JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 9/8/17 1:58 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
castelo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just had a tech at my house. He defrosted the ice maker yet again, then silicone potted the gap between the ice housing and fridge wall. 2 days later and I still have the same problem. I called again and was told that the ice maker is over producing and therefore the entire ice maker needs to be replaced. I explained that as long as I don't let the ice maker fill up, there is no problem, therefore it's the "ice box full" sensor that is broken. They are coming back to diagnose the issue in 4 days. Replacing the whole ice maker would be akin to replacing a toilet because the tank overfills after flushing. I'm sure buying a new fridge would fix it too, but c'mon... The service provider is obviously just trying to sell the most expensive solution instead of fixing the problem. 

userY1PmMgHwhU
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So like many others I have had the entire icemaker replaced at no cost to us via Samsung.  Within two weeks exact same problem, Icemaker totally iced up and has to be defrosted every 2-3 weeks,  works fine until icing occurs again.  One solution on line was to pull water tube from back of fridge out a little and caulk it so it doesn't slide back in.  Supposedly the tube is in so far it sprays water over the top of the icemaker causing this problem.  The technician that replaced my icemaker knew about this issue but did not do it because this is not a factory recommended fix.  

0 Likes
useraLExxr5aZQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased this model which I hope heartily regret now. Purchased July '17 and Ice Maker stopped working the 1st time 2 months after purchasing. Reading all these complaints Samsung had plenty of time to issue a recall & STOP selling this model with the defective ice maker or fix the issue. I've had the same Service Company come out to REPLACE the ice maker 3 times. Not actually repair the issue but replace the ice making unit. 

0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userY1PmMgHwhUwrote:

So like many others I have had the entire icemaker replaced at no cost to us via Samsung.  Within two weeks exact same problem, Icemaker totally iced up and has to be defrosted every 2-3 weeks,  works fine until icing occurs again.  One solution on line was to pull water tube from back of fridge out a little and caulk it so it doesn't slide back in.  Supposedly the tube is in so far it sprays water over the top of the icemaker causing this problem.  The technician that replaced my icemaker knew about this issue but did not do it because this is not a factory recommended fix.  

They answered me back in an email today and said this is now my problem the percentage of us that are unhappy with this product is not as big as the percentage that love the product. So apparently we don't matter

0 Likes
beanteam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

this is after 5 visits by 3 different technician and two auger motors assemblies where the ice photo eye is located..:)) but im learning samsung wont even look your way unless u have used THEIR  service techs... which if ur out of warranty... open ur wallet .. or if u bought a extended service contract which i did ... who uses their chosen companies... ur out of luck... all 3 of the technicians did different things.. oh i got two real nice ice buckets too replaced... and it still messing up... samsung says they are reaching out but they must have stubby arms because all im hearing and seeing is many folks with a issue that no one has the answer for... hello moderator!!

beanteam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

oh not 5 visits its been six!

ahv51
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have been doing the hair dryer defrost every 2 to 3 weeks.  I think we may have found a work around.  We pulled the ice maker mechanism out, turned the ice maker out and put these things we found called ice cube trays where the mechanism was.  I figured since the solution received from the Samsung qualified service guys was to defrost due to poor design and not ready to buy a new refrigerator (not Samsung) the couple of dollars spent for ice cube trays was worth it

beanteam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

oh them are them the ol reliables .. like 1 dollar a piece at dollar general good plan! 

well Ahv i thought id go with the "bagged ice boogie" strategy lol..

. i found the answer to fix the ice maker tho... just figure it out at least its going to fix mine... I CALLED MY EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY AND THEY SAID IF IT FAILS ONE MORE TIME... the fridge goes in the gully

and they will buy me a new one and it can be a Good ol reliable whirlpool like i had in the past ...PROBLEM SOLVED... thanks samsung!!

userWVTkDc2GGf
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

As a retired repair tech,,,,, YES, WHIRLPOOL is the best, or was anyway. I'm so sick of dealing with Samsung. Who has time for all these phone calls, Defrosts & frustrations.

0 Likes
useryVjx2Xs7hj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is probably the route I'll go. with a family of 5 that's a crap load of food to take out and put where while the fridge defrosts itself?  I've been doing the hair dryer bid and it works great but I'm doing it every 2-3 which sucks.  

0 Likes