Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 6:34 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
user87wKcUkWlk
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had the same issue with my samsung fridge Model -RF28HMEDBSR/AA that others have had on this forum.  The ice maker is 1 huge block of Ice.  Its been over a year since I have been able to even get any ice from it.  It is pretty crazy with something this expensive having such a huge flaw.  

0 Likes
userZh6vWvzwKL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am experiencing the same issue.  The ice maker works for a week then you need to defrost the icemaker.  Is there a fix/recall/class action on this?  This basically worked for 2 years then failed.  Extremely frustrating to lose this function with the cost of this refrigerator.

Samsung have you fixed this and if so what is the fix?

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would be happy to look into this for you. Could you provide your model and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
scott-m-veteran
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue - paid $2500 for a french door samsung at Lowes less than a year ago - this is the 3rd time is has frozen up on me - repairman coming today - I'm essentially being FORCED to maintain an extended warranty for this fridge because, as the deliverymen told me when they dropped it off, "These Samsungs break down all the time."  At this point, I'm about to look to Lowes to just pull and replace this one with a different brand - I'm a 100% disabled Veteran and I don't have money just laying around to continue to fix this thing.  

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergHboga8bTN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please note, exact same issues here with Samsung, model RF263BEAE. 

Please advise!

0 Likes
-Albert-
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@usergHboga8bTN wrote:

Please note, exact same issues here with Samsung, model RF263BEAE. 

Please advise!

Get rid of your Samsung fridge! That's my advice. Or do as I just did and buy a stand along counter top ice maker. Just don't buy anything made by Samsung! 

Even after replacing the ice maker (with the current model), installing drip clips, and sealing up the ice chamber, the ice maker in my Samsung fridge is still freezing up and requires me to defrost the darn thing! 

I did discover an easier way to defrost though. Forced defrost. Look it up on youtube. I still had to do some work with a heat gun and I still had to chisle a bit of ice out but it was WAY easier after I ran the forced defrost twice. The first time took ~45 mins while the second took ~20 mins. 

I hate Samsung. 

0 Likes
userZ3hE7E3xXu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
0 Likes
userqbD7pAbdIo
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem!  Have had repaired previously and broke again.  Now they want $700 to replace the ice maker!!   Agree this should be recalled.  Terrible product!

0 Likes
user5IANzFmNkK
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am also experiencing the same issue. Now it is completely broken. It wont make ice at all even after defrost and reset. As if that's not enough, the ice/water dispenser cycles on it's own. Even with noone in the kitchen!