cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which store did they purchase it from?  I'm guessing not one of the big box stores (Lowe's or Home Depot)?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I joined the the lawsuit.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I join the law suit. My frig is abt 2 years old but it has leaked from the beginning.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We continue to have the issue with our refrigerator, just two nights ago it stopped making ice, had to grab the hair dryer to get it going again.  Our daughter is buying a new home, should be in it in a couple of months and she is starting to purchase appliances.  As you have guessed, she liked the Samsung but not the issues so she will be picking another brand for her purchase.  I was hoping with all these people complaining the company would address the issue and fix these things but I guess losing market share is not important to them.  I won't buy another Samsung anything...

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its funny, I have told everyone to stay away from Samsung. My office has 4 of these stainless fridges that are turning a year old and I warned them, I am just waiting for these to start failing. We have 1 of 4 ice makers dead already... HaHa

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And me ice maker at home is dead right now. I am not paying a service man to come out, its useless. I am buying a replacment online for $125 I beleive.. If anyone has a good source for the replacement ice maker, please share.. But I will NEVER buy another Samsung... They look Great, but are a lemon!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can this be resolved Mine has been doing this fir 6 months 😢 it's frustrating! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All,

My wife and I complained profusely to Samsung about our ice maker problems and they DID finanally agree to pay for a service tech (unafilliated with Samsung, but an authorized service Co) to diagnose our isse AND they DID pay for the repair.  Here's what they did:

1. Replaced Augur motor fan case
  2. Silicone the gaps that existing letting in warm air.

It's been almost 4 weeks and this has helped solve the problem significantly

Also, for what it's worth, if you purchase a product such as an applicance using a major credit card, MOST provide a FREE extended warranty benefit for an additional one year after the orignal manufacturer's warranty expires.  Since many of these Samsung icemaker problems seem to be ocurring just after the 1 year point, the free extended warranty from your credit card could prove to be very helpful.  Call your CC company to find out their details.  It's a nice, not-widely-known service benefit!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello,
Checking to see if your service of the fan case and Silicone the gap is still working or do you still have freeze ups?

Brian
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone tried the new da-97-15217d icemaker ? And installed the y-clips? Did it fix icemaker issue?