cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userM1LJqwUs9u, just checking to see if you still need assistance. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know that I still need assistance. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userM3NBIwrGL3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you gotten a resolution yet?  I am having the same issue with mine and I realized that it was a small dripping from the top of the ice maker causing the ice to melt and stick together.  Only problem is that I would have to cut off the water supply to make it stop.  That would mean I can not use the ice or water dispenser!  I’m soo frustrated as this is not the first issue I have had with my Samsung appliances Smiley Sad. Please let me know if you found a fix or solution 

Highlighted
user692N4TxzwM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue as well.  The refrigerator was purchased in late November 2015 and worked just fine until about 3 weeks ago.  Now, each time we get ice (cubed) a little water comes out of the ice chute before the ice starts and the ice that comes out is "glassy" looking...as though it is slightly melted.

There is no issue with the gasket that I can see and the main freezer temp (per the door display and an actual thermometer) is -2 give or take all the time.

Any help would be appreciated!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user692N4TxzwM:  Could you shoot us a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us that information as soon as you can.  

userPHDxCg3TCD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem!  Any fix yet?

userPHDxCg3TCD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still waiting for a reply from Samsung!  Is there a fix for this leaking ice maker?  Model # RF28HMEDBBC/AA??

usertuj1VeQ5XW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Requesting assistance from the forum moderators.  If Samsung wants to keep their customers happy, I strongly suggest offering a free replacement auger assembly and reimbursing those who paid out of pocket for having to fix this problem on their own refrigerators, even out of warranty.

** DISCLAMER **

I'm not a Samsung authorized technician, but I've done a ton of troubleshooting on my own fridge, including trying the bubble wrap/gasket fix (which is not the problem in these cases).  I really hope this post helps those that spent thousands on their refrigerators and are thinking of abandoning it for another brand.  Samsung needs to step up here and help out their customers!

I have the same issue with my 2015 model (RF24FSEDBSR).  Ice cubes sitting in the bucket are not cold enough to stay frozen, begin to melt, and water collects in the dispenser.  When you make a call for ice, a few tablespoons of water fall out from the dispenser along with wet, whole cubes of ice.  The cubes also seem to get stuck from time to time as they get mashed together in the auger, creating a blockage until more ice from behind the blockage forces the semi-frozen chunk to get crushed into smaller chunks (not fully crushed).  This results in additional chunks of wet ice that sit in the dispenser area in the door that eventually melt and leak out slowly, and when there is an additional call for ice.

If I'm understanding the issue and the resulting service bulletin, the problem is actually the auger assembly fan not properly circulating air across the ice tray and into the ice collection bucket.  If you take out the ice maker, you'll see a blockage of ice in the area where the air is supposed to flow from the fan on the auger assembly into the ice chamber.  Because there is no circulation, the ice is melting in the bucket and dripping out from the dispenser.  Samsung was cryptic with me about the service bulletin because the auger assembly is not supposed to be a user replaceable part, but from what I gather, the affected auger assembly fans in these fridges were failing/stopping intermittently, which was allowing for the ice buildup/blockage around the fan.

Here's a YouTube video of a repair tech going over how to replace the ice maker/auger.  If you read the explanation in his comments, he describes exactly what the problem is, and he also has the service bulletin number listed (ACS20151125001):  https://youtu.be/ttpy5nzZ7SU

i just ordered the replacement auger assembly for my fridge.  In my case, DA97-12540K is the replacement for my original unit (DA97-12540D).  You may have to find the correct one for your fridge on samsungparts.com.

WATCH THIS!!! The real cause of ice maker problems is the Auger Case Assembly per Samsung ASC20151125001 Service Bulletin. The case has been upgraded 4 times now. There is not enough air circulation in the ice room. In this video we take you through a step by step diagnosis and repair of a Samsung