cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lucky you, I tried defrosting and it worked only once and it made just one batch of ice.  I extended the amount of defrosting time and never made ice again.  Hope Samsung man's up and offers a fix.  Ready to go to a lawyer for a class action suite. Manufactureres should not be aloowed to sell defective appliances.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

msung has not stepped up yet and it's been over 2 years. I don't think they will unless we all get together with class action suite. I would join for sure!

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WOW, Add me to the list of angry Samsung fridge owners.  My ice maker worked great for about 1 1/2 years but since then I have had to defrost it and then a couple of weeks later it happens again.  I have also noticed the catch bin is cracked and the ice is is only crushed ice now.  I also get water driping out and slush in the shoot with mold growth in the shoot as well.  Samsung has been no help other then say I have to pay for expensive technicians to come out and do nothing but clean it out and say there you go.  I also own Samung TV's and there is an ongoing issue with the big flat screen as well.  When you use a sound bar or audio reciever the ARC control doesn't work and Samsung customer service just turns a blinds eye to that as well.  Well I have purchassed my last Samsung product.  Never Again!!!

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well Add me to the list as well. I have a slightly different model RF28HDEDBsr/AA. Purchased end of 2015

IDENTICAL problem.

We noticed the last few weeks water dripping from the icemaker. Ice seemed a bit wet and not full pieces. I pulled the drawer out and found some ice on the bottom. (through most of the ice away and did not take a photo of it). Some water must have leaked down. The tray is also cracked.

Called the 1800 number isted the on the fridge. I was then notified via recording of a recall of a top load model washer (which I ended having to look up after the phone call) Thanks for the help on that BTW LOL

Basically "Sorry, the best we can do is send out a tech which you would be responsible for." A little over a year, over 5k in appliances, one out of warranty and one recall. Talk about some bad luck.

Since everyone is having some the same issues within a reasonale amout of time, their clearly is a defect in the icemaker. I hope Samsung will step to the plate because I am not a happy consumer right now.

Photos attached.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point, I'd say it's pretty obvious that Samsung is not going to spet up and fix these CRAP refrigerators or they would havce done so by now. Our only recourse is a class action suit, which I would be most happy to join.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same model and same problem. We have to turn off the icemaker to defrost it, then knock down the ice that forms. If this is a common problem, seems a recall should be in order. Also, ours only does crushed ice now, not cubes.

I have a 17 year old SEARS Elite fridge in my utility room that is our primary icemaker. Knock wood, but that thing just churns out the ice beautifully and always has. I've hard that Kenmore sucks now, too. Probably has a Samsung icemaker. LOL

THANKS FOR SHARING.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see complaints tapering off. Maybe they are getting things under control?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my lemon in Oct 2014; problems started shortly after warranty expired and continue to this day.  We have had fan replaced twice with the last replacement supposedly a higher speed/ capacity fan.  We have also had sealant on enclosure, sealant on fan assembly connections, shortened the input water hose, and adjusted chute closure spring rate.  Every time we get the ice maker worked on it lasts for approximately 2 months and then has all the same problems everyone has already discussed.  My answer then is that I don't think the problem is less, maybe everyone is just getting tired.

THB

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me. I won't bother with the details as everyone knows them by now. This tread has been read 24k times (way more than the other issues I see posted about). Does Samsung not note that as maybe a signal there is a real issue. What is being done Samsung? I emailed the support site, which was an automatted response and as part of that they said "I've checked my resources and see that there are no reported issues on your refrigerator model". Really?? 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just had my ice maker repaired for the 2nd time in 6 months.  The repairman that was out said they just had a training the prior week with a rep from Samsung about the icemaker issue.  Here is the latest fix they recommended:

1. Replace Auger Motor Fan Case (again)
  2. Silicone (again)
  3. ASM Y Clip - The $9 Y clip is actually what the latest and greatest fix is alledgedly!

The Samsung Rep told my repair guy they have seen complaints reduce considerably after this combo repair.

Repairman also told me when they first started having these ice maker problems, Samsung used to replace the entire refrigerator but it obviously became too expensive to continue that.

Also - somewhat related...There was a consumer complaint news piece on the network news in Chicago last evening.  The complaint was against Samsung (for a water dispenser issue) that the consumer had been experiencing for two years.  After numerous calls to Samsung, nothing was resolved.  The news station made some calls to Samsung and low and behold, the consumer was refunded his original purchase price.  Maybe we all need to call our local news station and have a coordinated complaint against SamCrap (I mean Samsung).