cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't suppose you know what the latest part numbers are?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A/S  ASM Y Clip

• Item Code - 8712000
  • Model DA82-02367A

Auger Motor Fan Case

• Item Code - 4889254
  • Model DA97-12540K
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that the latest auger case assembly and ice maker do not fix the problem.  I have had the da97-12540k in the fridge for a week, and now the da97-13718c, and the problem persists as if nothing had been done.

intrigued by this $9 ASM Y clip.  Looking it up now.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a picture showing where to install this? 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have had the same issue over and over and over.  i will never buy another Samsung Product.  I paid way too much on this fridge to have someone out every 2-4 months to replace yet again another fan to hopefully help the icemaker work.  Oh gee, yea its NOT working.  Samsung.  You need to do a recall or refund on this.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My repair was made a little over two months ago with the clips, ice maker and sealant and things are going well. No freezing up. Hard duty. I keep reading the forum. I will let you know if it gives out again.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you explain how to install these clips?  I recently replaced the fan and only lasted 4 months before I got the 40E error again.

I used this fan (NMB manufactuer) : https://www.amazon.com/DA31-00070E-Samsung-Appliance-Motor-Bldc/dp/B01KR6ODV8/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF...

I also noticed this version (Nidec Ultraflo) https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-DA31-00070E-Motor-DC-Box-Fan/dp/B00VXO7IMU/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qi...

Does anyone know if the Nidec is better?

I also have  DA97-12540D.  Should I upgrade to the  DA97-12540K version?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe "SamDung"

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are still having the issue, this is just stupid for this expensive of a refrigerator.  I'm needing a new Washer and Dryer combo.  Guess which manufacturer will not be on my list of replacements.  I'm done with Samsung!  Won't look at any thing they produce, products look really good but do not perform.

Mike