cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCO2oCisndd
Astronaut

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had to do the same thing! There is now a class action lawsuit against Samsung!!

userChWcXtXMwr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do we t information about this? I’m having the same problem with my refrigerator ice maker.

Highlighted
Scotties
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's my update: I had bought the extended warranty on the fridge so finally called for service.  (I only buy the extended warranty on the fridges whenever I buy appliances and it has paid for itself everytime!)

There was a service bulletin put out by Samsung to replace the icemaker when this happens (start and stop making ice without warning).  So they replaced the icemaker and Assembly case Fan/motor and clip (parts DA97-15217D, DA97-1250G, DA82-02367A).  I quickly searched online in the US to find these parts and they are about $235.

I have a Reverse Osmosis (RO) water unit hooked up to the water line which has 4 filters.  The service man suggested to take out the Samsung water filter to reduce the pressure on the water line - the ice maker can't work if it doesn't have the proper water pressure on the water line or can't get water.  We tried it and the icemaker was working at the time so don't know if this helped or not.  Now that the icemaker was replaced, I've put back in the water filter to get my water filtered in case the RO unit filters are clogged for any reason.

So if you don't have the extended warranty, a costly repair may be necessary. Or it can just stop and start up again on its own if you have the patience to wait. But the icemaker is an important feature of this fridge for me, love the crushed ice!

Good luck!

userDiA3NmC9or
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly the same problem I have.  After changing the filter and following the steps religiously.  Also out of warrantly by a few months. Not good Samsung!

userdJCQ8UgbBz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  My water is working fine as I can still get water from the spout, but looks like the Icemaker stopped making ice.  I took it out and cleaned everything out, but it's still not making ice.  What's the solution Samsung??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userdJCQ8UgbBz, please verify that the Ice Off icon is not lit. Also, please verify that at least 6 ounces (¾ cup) is dispensed in under 10 seconds.

userxBSJSuV9ke
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me. Worked fine for a long time now no ice, just a small pool of water in the tray that eventually freezes. ICE OFF is definitely not on, no problems with water flow (dispenses more than 3/4 cup in 10 seconds and I have tried the reset button.

What can be tried next Samsung?

userrvSTlEfJga
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Less than two years old. Just tried the hair dryer thing. Reset button...everything. Samsung, what can be done here? Sounds like a serious flaw with an expensive appliance. How will you help customers experiencing this issue?

userm2mD3luTN9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never buy a Samsung or lg product again. They absolutely suck and are costly.   I Hate Samsung.    Whatever happened to the still working kenmore ice makers.  For thousands less?

userdJCQ8UgbBz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No Ice Off button is not lit.  And yes it does appear to fill up 3/4 glass under 10 seconds.

I found the reset button for the first time so I am trying that now.  Hopefully, that works.  It did sound like it was trying to make ice.  It's only been a couple of hours.