cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userp2fa2Rp97x wrote:

Has anyone tried the new da-97-15217d icemaker ? And installed the y-clips? Did it fix icemaker issue?

That is the icemaker that they installed into mine and it did fix it. I think the clips were also installed and the box was sealed to the inside panel as well. That was back in August. Good so far.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everybody stop,, I finially figured this out, this ice maker has at least 4 different things wrong with it and can not be fixed. (Don't buy old replacement stock). This ice maker has been replaced with an updated model.

Old model part # DA97-12317A

Has been replaced with

New model # DA97-15217A

If you buy the old stock you are sticking trouble right back in your fridge again! I own fridg RF28HMEDBSR and took 4 hours to science the answer today. I knew there had to be an updated model, and I just stumbled on it by chance.

Also don't forget one of the original fix #4 and put a small bead of silicon at the bottom left corner of the main ice box (where ice box meets wall) to seal fridg air from getting into ice maker. That solves the frosty cube problem, (air from fridge condensating on cube box.

This Part PD00027210 (Mfg #DA97-15217A) replaces these parts:

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IS THIS EASY TO INSTALL? I AM NOT 'HANDY' BY ANY MEANS BUT DONT WANT TO SPEND $500 TO GET AN 'EXPERT' TO DO IT...

AND WILL THIS FIX THE FREEZING-UP, LEAKING AND SLUSHY CUBE PROBLEMS??

IF THIS DOESNT WORK I AM BUYING A KITCHEN AID OR WHIRLPOOL

TOO BAD APPLE DOESNT MAKE APPLIANCES!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you buy the new icemaker model or heard of anyone that has? Interested to know if new one has any problems, where get it, how much to buy and install, etc. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you buy the new icemaker model or heard of anyone that has? Interested to know if new one has any problems, where get it, how much to buy and install, etc. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to tell you, My refridge has that new part number on it  and it's been leaking and having the Ice build up inside as well.  So that part is not the fix.  I also put paper towel inside the rubber gasget to build it up and that didn't work either.    Any other insights.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had this done by the samsung certified repair man, and he replaced the icemaker.  Back to same problem.  Ices up in the back and won't let cubes out.  Still sweatty cubes.  Repair man said this is continuing problem, and there is a class action suit.  I'm looking for it now.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All, I was able to fix my RF28HFEDBSR ice make for little money.

My fridge had all the common symptoms (sweaty ice, water coming out when getting ice, etc). The source of my problem was a chunk of ice had formed that blocked the air passage from the top of the auger fan to the back of the ice maker. Without the proper air flow from fan, all the common symptoms will occur. In my case, I did not have to replace auger or ice maker. Just remove ice maker (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89RPiWxBcCg), melt the offending ice blocking air flow with steamer or hair dryer (be careful as hair dryer could melt parts), put ice maker back. It's possible that this will reoccur. But knowing the problem saves a lot of time and headaches.

Step by step instructions on how to replace Samsung Icemaker part # DA97-15217D (PD00037355).https://partsdr.com/part/da97-15217d-ice-maker-assemblySamsung O...
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please let me know about the class action law suit?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought  a new Samsung Fridge, Model RF28HMEDSR/AA which came with a DA97 15217A 00 icemaker about three years ago and it has the same freeze-up problem. We have to thaw/chip ice buildup in the upper right hand corner of icemaker. This happens more often than not and has been happening since soon after first use . One of my daughters had a similar but older fridge and it had the same problem. They fixed the problem by replacing the Samsung with a Frigidaire.  The new Frigidaire has the icemaker in the freezer section.  Seems that the root cause of this problem is just plain poor design. The icemaker belongs in the freezer section and not in the fridge section.