Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userp2fa2Rp97x wrote:

https://youtu.be/ij4GQBPGM1M

Heres vid of fixing common problem with samsung icemaker (slushy, chipped,melted ice cubes) recommen...

I feel for people who aren't mechanically inclined or might not know someone who is able todo this for them. Aside from the fact that the part(s) cost a lot, this should be a Samsung issue.

Thanks for the info for those who can use it.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem. Fortunately once we manually clear the “jam” it will make ice again so we started turning it off once it is full, then on again for 1-2 days once it is empty. I am afraid to replace the complete auger/fan assembly DA97-12540A as I might introduce a new problem. Looking for a way just to test/replace the IR sensor and control circuit if possible but not sure they sell the smaller parts. Good Luck.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only solution I have found that works and doesn't cost anything is to check the tray everyday and if it is full, turn it off on the front panel. Turn it on when you need it to create more ice. Basically the problem is that whatever system is suppose to shut it off automatically when it is full, doesn't work.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF23J9011SR/AA. Same issues as everyone else.   Called Samsung the said there are no know issuse with ice maker.  Of course I'm out of warranty too.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gee, just like thet say in the intructions, right? Turn off at night, drain, then turn back on in the AM. Right! Perhaps if Samsung's engineers knew how to design an ice maker.................

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your unit is out of warranty, here is the response you'll get:

"Unfortunately, due to the age of the unit, we are unable to assist with the cost of repair. You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location"

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have exactly the same problem! Was Samsung able to help you??  We've resorted to buying ice in a bag, because every time we finally get the ice maker to thaw (by using hot water in containers, etc...such a pain), then within weeks it freezes up again. Then, because the ice maker is frozen, we have water leaking into the bottom of the refrigerator! Help! When we purchased it, best buy came out 3 times to fix the problem. Replaced the icemaker, etc. We still have the problem!  How do we fix it??? HELP! 970-290-7333 Thanks! Aleesa

So how do you turn the ice maker off at night? What a pain to try to remember this every single day. For an item that is supposed to make our life easier...this doesn't sound like it does!!! Help!  Wish I had never purchased this refrigerator!!!

Constellation

RF323TEDBSR/AA Upper Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The upper ice maker on the model listed above forms ice above the fan in the auger assembly. When this happens the ice maker area doesn't get enough air circulation to keep it cold enough. Result is soft ice and often ice maker stops making ice. The ice maker and auger assy (has heated drain tube) have been replaced. The gaps around the ice maker area have been sealed. I have defrosted this area numerous times and it is fine for a maximum of 3 weeks. I have ordered the clips that go on the refrigerant tubes. What else can I do to prevent the ice build up above the fan?

Constellation

Re: RF323TEDBSR/AA Upper Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue wow this is a design flaw ! They need to make a recall and replace these refrigerators