Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/10/18 7:32 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
userXOpsba87gk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

will Samsung give a refund within the warranty?  I would take a refund.  I bet they do not though.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

A refund would only be offered if the unit was deemed un-repairable by a certified technician. 

0 Likes
usersXJtdehxuK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue, purchased in March 2014 for $2000 and ice maker has never worked.  Ice Maker freezes up and no longer makes ice.  Defrost ice maker and it makes ice, and freezes up once again.

I have tried to get this resolved with Samsung, but they advise warranty has expired.  I have joined the the Class Action.

0 Likes
userlJ0p78YlWp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue and I am wondering if you were able to fix it? I bet I’ll call them and they are going to tell me I have to pay a technician to come to fix it!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Feel free to send us a private message with the model and serial number.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user3XfS8V5ZYB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model RF24J996054/AA Serial number 07ND43BH400254X   My Samsung ice maker keeps freezing. I’ve had Samsung authorized repair people here 4 times and they have sealed it and added a new part and it still freezes and jams. We now have an extended warranty through Asurion. A rep from there, who seems to be knowledgeable, tells me that it is caused by air getting in the ice maker or a problem with the water. Since he represents an insurance company and is incentivize to save his company money.  He says I might need a plumber to do something with the water line. He had me turn the water off and says he will call me back to see if there is still ice buildup after a few week. It’s been 8 days now and no ice buildup and he hasn’t called back. Am I getting flimflammed? I realized that ice buildup is impossible without water. This is a VERY expensive refrigerator and not being able to use many of the features we paid for is quite frustrating. I noticed several people mentioned a newer model of the ice maker and that cleared up the problem. How can I get Samsung and Asurion to authorize a replacement using the newer model? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I apologize for the inconvenience. However, with this being through your extended warranty, you will need to follow up with Assurant as we do not have access to their service information. They can be reached by calling 866-567-3652.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userAAMTUidj1I
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 2015 Samsung Model RF23HTEDBSR/AA. Service tech opened the ice maker up and there was a block wall of solid ice that built up preventing the ice maker from working. The tech said it's a manufacturer's design flaw.

Is there a class action open on these faulty ice makers that Samsung uses in their refridgerators because I sure would like to join?  I should of stayed with LG products.

0 Likes
userbowrA98L7v
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue with mine. Ice clogs up and freezes into a large chuck of ice as it exits the dispenser. Stops the whole thing from working. Once I clear it out it works for about a week and does it again. Terrible!

0 Likes