Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/4/18 8:11 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
usercv42blkpEl
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

BUMP

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
userytTngVoamH
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having this same ISSUE... Just started about 6 weeks ago! 

Any help would be great! 

0 Likes
userMPkGE5BI2E
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issues I have had, I have experienced the wet slushy ice, which then stops and turns into a frozen tray, chip off the ice/defrost and get a month of relief only to start over again.

0 Likes
user8HdlsDMxab
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have been having several issues with our Samsung french door refrigerator.  Only had it for two years now, and you would think for $2,500 they could make a product that would last a little longer or acknowledge the problem and rectify it.

The icemaker has been producing wet ice and drippping water when trying to get ice.  I hear Samsung is very aware of this problem and now has a "kit" available to service centers to fix the problem.  Apparantly there is a leaky gasket and it doesn't allow the freezer to get cold enough because it leaks air etc and doesn't seal.  Ice build up around the fan and then starts to make a very loud noise.  We have had to defrost the chunk of ice that has formed in the back and that seems to help--for only a few days!

The large freezer handle also broke off.  The plastic part that holds the screw etc. completely shattered. 

Have called Samsung and they will not do anything other than have their preffered service provider call us and set an appointment.  When asked if there would be a charge they said yes and they were under no obligation to fix it-even though they are aware they have produced a faulty product and have sold thusands of them. $557 to fix the ice maker!

Best Buy is no better as they continue to sell the product and do not disclose this informstion to customers.  How is this legal or ethical?

Please let me know if you have coe across any solution for these problems.  I'd really appreciate it.

userDJtZ6QT8ii
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How come it will not let me send a private message. It said that I reached the limit for sending messages, and I have not sent any yet.... Nice job Samsung

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usersrqkVo4FdG
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the long list of people having icemaker issues. Ours is not even 3 years old and now the icemaker constantly leaks. Really quality made product Samsung. A+ 

0 Likes
userHmVf8znksr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would encourage you to contact the Attorney General's office for the State of California (where Samsung's US HQ's located). File a complaint regarding this issue. The more consumers that do will force Samsung to take action.

0 Likes
userfmUjrSUkLD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Any solutions to the leaking ice maker?

0 Likes