JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/6/18 7:40 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
CGoode
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Message sent and waiting for reply as I am having the same issue as everyone else in this post

0 Likes
userMPkGE5BI2E
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Unfortunately the purpose of sending a private message seems pointless, they will simply say sorry you need to pay for a technician to come see your fridge.  I think it is more to stop people from posting their problems on a public forum.

As previously mentioned, it is rather unfortunate that Samsung is not stepping up and acknowledging these issues when they are clearly factory defects affecting thousands and thousands of customers.  This forum is a tiny sample size of the real issues most people are having with this ice maker that either just deal with it, or have already paid hundreds of dollars to have the problem return, or have simply stopped using the ice maker all together.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I apologize for the confusion, we ask for a private message to obtain personal information such as phone number, serial number, address, etc to see if we are able to offer any further assistance. 

0 Likes
userq0QUUaIoNK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having same issue on my samsung RF31FME fridge.  Called lowe's today for extended warranty but looks like it won't get fixed.... 

0 Likes
userVnPDYp80nJ
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I hear you wait mine has to be defrosted almost twice a month we carry everything to the basement freezer is shameful I feel cheated my fridge was 3500 dollars what a waste of my hard earned dollars I could weep

0 Likes
dblotii4S
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I think the question that Samsung has ask itself now (perhaps the Samsung moderator?) is: what is Samsung willing to do to not lose everyone who has bought a French Door with icemaker Fridge in the past few years as a furture Samsung appliance customer?

If I was one of very few customers who had a faulty icemaker issue after the warranty period, I would bite the bullet and pay for the repairs; but when it is obvious that most of these units fail within a year or 2 of the warranty period, it is completely obvious that we are dealing with a defective product, and any reputable company would want to do the right thing for their customers.... or get out of the appliance business.

Dave

0 Likes
userb2iKmTBv0r
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Agree completely!

My ice maker gets heavy frost build up under the bottom of the maker, above the ice bucket. Every week I have to chip away all the ice around it otherwise the whole system gets clogged up and it won’t move the ice.  If I don’t clean it out, it would probably burn out the motor.

This is definitely a design flaw and it should be fixed for FREE!

0 Likes
userdCdmftW8PJ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the list of frustrated customers. Defrost and repeat. $3000 fridge and it can’t make ice

0 Likes
userCzgtAxoQyk
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm having same issues with ice makers at 14 months old. Hoping for a class action lawsuit to force recall and/or refund.
user59CtYGjtu2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
There is a class action that is in court, I’ll never buy Samsung again after this run around. Horrible customer service, they definitely don’t own up to their mistakes. There is no “making it right”.
0 Likes