JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/24/18 9:47 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userS1kneaDnXR
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

i NOT ONLY HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH THE ICE MAKER FREEZING UP BUT ALSO THE FRONT OF THE REFRIGERATIO RUSTING OUT...THE ICE MAKER AND RUST STARTED ABOUT 14 MONTHS INTO OWNERSHIP; RIGHT AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRED. SAMSUNG SUGGESTED I BUY NEW PANELS FOR THE FRIDGE....LIKE I'D SPEAND ANOTHER DOLLAR ON THEIR PRODUCTS! NOW THE DIGITAL PANEL WON'T WORK SO IT NO LONGER MAKES ICE OR DISPENSES WATER OR ANY OTHER FUNCTION. I LOVE THE DESIGN OF THE FRIDGE BUT WILL NEVER BUY ANOOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT.

0 Likes
userkUUhjGGcl3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

i have not had a technician out yet but i have been using a hair dryer and the reset button also as a fix after reading these posts I may not bother calling one out until i see a solution. 

0 Likes
jj197709
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

DON'T USE THE HAIR DRYER my husband used a hair dryer and now the wall to the ice maker is coming apart. I live in 

Oklahoma and lucky for me I had an extended warranty and we have a lemon law. After 3 times of trying to fix the same part they have  to replace the appliance or buy it for the price you paid, So they gave me the money. Oh and by they way there is a sequence of buttons you can push that will force the fridge to defrost itself it takes it a few hours so store up extra ice, it is easy to do.  I have misplaced the sheet right now but as soon as I find it I will get back on and give it to you.

jj197709
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
OK here is a website to walk you through how to defrost the fridge I am just a consumer do at your on risk.. http://www.appliancerepairlesson.com/2013/12/31/how-to-forced-defrost-mode-samsung-refrigerator/
0 Likes
userhdPcvU3cGT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ours is freezing around the outside of the ice maker. Thankfully it's covered by a Sears warranty. The tech came out and said it's a "known issue" and ordered FOUR parts to replace. He said sometimes it fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. The second tech stated he had no idea why the first one ordered those parts but went ahead and replaced them. Then he said "the more parts you replace on a Samsung, the more goes wrong on them". 

The new parts don't seem to have any clips on them that other people are talking about. Where are these clips located? I find it hard to believe they are replacing faulty parts with new faulty parts of the same bad design, but I guess anything is possible.

A month later, it's still freezing up around the outside, and now the ice cubes are all frozen together. I was barely able to get the tray out, and when I did, ice cubes fell out inside the compartment. I would prefer to have my money back at this point! Anyone in Kansas able to get your money back?

0 Likes
userOkrUXr6gsJ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We have the same problem. We have to defrost the ice maker about every 2 weeks with a hairdryer. I will NEVER buy another SAMSUNG appliance. This fridge has been a huge pain in the butt!!!!
0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have received a reply back from Samsung stating that this is now my problem because it's out of warranty. And those of us that are unhappy on this blog site is such a small percentage of those that are truly happy with this product. So apparently we don't matter. We need to band together reach out on this blog and get together for this faulty product and make them do what is right for the consumer

0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
They answered me back in an email today and said this is now my problem the percentage of us that are unhappy with this product is not as big as the percentage that love the product. So apparently we don't matter
0 Likes
userFgQgpcvdFA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yup same problem here. Had a repair done “poorly” in warranty period and then it started up again a few months later out of warranty.  They told my wife “to bad”. Disgraceful. 

0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

They answered me back in an email today and said this is now my problem the percentage of us that are unhappy with this product is not as big as the percentage that love the product. So apparently we don't matter

0 Likes