cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userY1PmMgHwhUwrote:

So like many others I have had the entire icemaker replaced at no cost to us via Samsung.  Within two weeks exact same problem, Icemaker totally iced up and has to be defrosted every 2-3 weeks,  works fine until icing occurs again.  One solution on line was to pull water tube from back of fridge out a little and caulk it so it doesn't slide back in.  Supposedly the tube is in so far it sprays water over the top of the icemaker causing this problem.  The technician that replaced my icemaker knew about this issue but did not do it because this is not a factory recommended fix.  

They answered me back in an email today and said this is now my problem the percentage of us that are unhappy with this product is not as big as the percentage that love the product. So apparently we don't matter

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

this is after 5 visits by 3 different technician and two auger motors assemblies where the ice photo eye is located..Smiley Happy) but im learning samsung wont even look your way unless u have used THEIR  service techs... which if ur out of warranty... open ur wallet .. or if u bought a extended service contract which i did ... who uses their chosen companies... ur out of luck... all 3 of the technicians did different things.. oh i got two real nice ice buckets too replaced... and it still messing up... samsung says they are reaching out but they must have stubby arms because all im hearing and seeing is many folks with a issue that no one has the answer for... hello moderator!!

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

oh not 5 visits its been six!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been doing the hair dryer defrost every 2 to 3 weeks.  I think we may have found a work around.  We pulled the ice maker mechanism out, turned the ice maker out and put these things we found called ice cube trays where the mechanism was.  I figured since the solution received from the Samsung qualified service guys was to defrost due to poor design and not ready to buy a new refrigerator (not Samsung) the couple of dollars spent for ice cube trays was worth it

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

oh them are them the ol reliables .. like 1 dollar a piece at dollar general good plan! 

well Ahv i thought id go with the "bagged ice boogie" strategy lol..

. i found the answer to fix the ice maker tho... just figure it out at least its going to fix mine... I CALLED MY EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY AND THEY SAID IF IT FAILS ONE MORE TIME... the fridge goes in the gully

and they will buy me a new one and it can be a Good ol reliable whirlpool like i had in the past ...PROBLEM SOLVED... thanks samsung!!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a retired repair tech,,,,, YES, WHIRLPOOL is the best, or was anyway. I'm so sick of dealing with Samsung. Who has time for all these phone calls, Defrosts & frustrations.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is probably the route I'll go. with a family of 5 that's a crap load of food to take out and put where while the fridge defrosts itself?  I've been doing the hair dryer bid and it works great but I'm doing it every 2-3 which sucks.  

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a Kenmore (Whirlpool) for 22 years. I replaced it with this unit just because I thought it was time. What a mistake. 

I remove the ice tray once a week and chip away the ice.  We would all be doing the rest of the refrigerator buying public a service if we warned them about the very poor product and even worse customer service at Samsung 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. Less than 2 year old refrigerator that has been repaired twice. The last repair the repairman told us it is unable to be repaired and called Samsung. Samsung authorized a replacement and provided an exchange number. A few days later call Samsung to check the status and they now state they are not going to replace it and tell me I have to live with it. So I am out a $75 service call fee for a repairman to tell me they are unable to fix the icemaker. In summary, less than 2 year old refrigerator+2 service calls on the icemaker in less than 2 years+paid thousands of dollars for this refrigerator=one not happy customer. So Samsung what should I do? I have a nonfunctioning/non repairable icemaker on a less than 2 year old refrigerator, how should I handle this Samsung? Go buy a new Samsung refrigerator?Smiley LOL

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Ice Bucket is overfiling also.

Did anyone ever find a resouition to this issue?

Sensor seems to be in the Auger Motor assembly... I would think it would either have to be that unit or the logic board.  Any aditonal information would be helpfull.