cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKXcSUSA14H
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my ice maker replaced by Samsung.  They admitted it was faulty and said it was replaced  by a better icemaker.  However, 6 months later I am experiencing the same leaking issue.  I love the refridgerator but Samsung has the worst icemakers on the market.  My daughter has a Whirlpool and the ice is solid and never stops producing.  My friend has a GE and the ice is solid and never stops making.  My friend has a Samsung and has the same problem small ice cubes and they melt so fast because they are not solid.  Samsung, FAIL!

useriqVMIxVUZJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Your lucky they told me they have no complaints on file about my refrigerator model and basically everyone on this forum is making up these stories.
userEE8YpCTTRs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. I purchased the RF23J9011SG in August 2017. Despite swearing I'd never buy another Samsung product, I really liked the new four door design, and Samsung is the only manufacturer. I have already purchased a TV that only lasted 4 years, a refrigerator that lasted 7 and had the same problem as this one (off and on), and my absolute worst purchase of all time - a front loading washer that bounced all over my utility room even after I spent $600 in repairs. After 4 years I finally threw it to the curb and bought a Maytag. I just called Best Buy, and they totally assured me that Samsung had addressed the problems, and other things could be wrong that the ones I had read. I told him I highly doubt it since people are still posting about the exact same problem. A repairman is coming Monday. However, he is from a local repair service so I'm skeptical that anything will be done other than replace the unit. I have the service bulletin, and I hope I can insist that all 4 repairs be made; however, I, too, am telling everyone I know NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG PRODUCT EVER FOR ANY REASON, even if you do like the way it looks.

user1iJm4rDYkl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem have to defrost at least once a month sometimes 2 times a month been nothing but a pain . I don’t recommend this product 

userGJ24PB71z8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours was purchased in 2015 and we are going to have to buy a different refrigerator because of this issue! First the motor died for no reason and we bought a new one and now it’s freezing up soooo that’s 2000 down the drain! I’m so mad and will NEVER buy Samsung again! BUYER BEWARE!

annmarie 

user82VASHgJbZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased this model in Feb 2017 which means our warranty expired Feb 2018. Suddenly our ice make is completely frozen. Unsatisfactory.  I'd attach an image but I don't know how.

userHARRXh0ryp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have this model fridge and am having the same problem.  Samsung support just said this to me via chat...

"In this case scheduling a service should help us, as this could be an issue with an internal part.
let me know the zip code, so that I can share you the details of the Samsung authorised service centres located near you to get the Refrigerator serviced."
18:46 PM

Customer: I see there is a service bulletin about the specific model refrigerator having this very problem. Therefore I assume this repair will be of no charge as it is a manufacturing defect correct?
18:51 PM

"The service bulletin is for authorised service technician of Samsung to guide them in resolving the issue quickly and efficiently, it doesn't indicate that there is a reported issue with the refrigerator."
18:53 PM

Customer: so youre not replacing these malfunctioning icemakers free of charge? 
This is a well known and documented problem with this specific model
18:54 PM

"Samsung makes sure all the products are tested and in good quality when they are shipped out.

I do understand your concern with the product.
There are no reported issues for the Refrigerator and unfortunately as the Refrigerator is out of warranty the service will be paid service."
18:54 PM
Highlighted
usermuA8A8cUx6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. I just got off a chat with a so-called "supervisor" who said exactly the same thing. They must have a printed script for this known problem that they simply do not want to deal with. Went round and round only to be told the same thing over and over again.

user72yhv3S4Jo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung RF31FMESBSR and the ice maker stopped working.  I was told that it would cost over $700 to repair.  These are known design issues with multiple serviec bulletins and have already been redeigned multiple times.  Fridge is less than 5 years old and this would be over $1000 that I would have had to put into it (already repaired another known design issue with condenser fan less than 6 months ago). 

Called Samsung customer support and all they would do is tell me that it is  out of warranty and they will do nothing.  Several Customer Service people, including a supervisor, told me that as a consumer this would not be acceptable to them either, but nothing they could do but repeat the company policy that it was out of warranty.  Complete disgrace!  For less than $700 they could have had a Samsung customer for life.  Now, after this, I will never buy another Samsung appliance.

userWcIQ1pZAI4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue here !! happens every week !