JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 5/24/18 4:34 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userWcIQ1pZAI4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

samsung is dead to me after this fiasco.

0 Likes
userMPkGE5BI2E
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When did the solved tag get added, that's a lie.

There is no fix at the moment, even people who have paid hundreds on new assemblies are having the same issues.

userdaQ0IlHtjd
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just started experiencing the same issue. The Ice Maker was always, what I considerred, slow. But now no ice at all. It would squirt water for a second before ice and then take 30 seconds or so to fill a glass. I never got the slushy ice. or at least not yet. Something should be done.

0 Likes
uservOTOu3d96D
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I guess I would suggest that everyone on this forum/thread join the class action lawsuit. No matter if you received repairs or not. The more input from customers, the better.

In the end state, if you have purchased extended warranties, you are probably fine and glad you did so.

There are other warranty companies out there that replace as well as repair, depending on the individual issue. You may elect to purchase a warranty and if the warranty provider has to repeatedly send repair people out you may get a replacement appliance.

If you are inclined to try to fix your ice maker yourself, you can order the parts and replace them. There is a good video on you tube at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpy5nzZ7SU

I had my fridge repaired by the Geek Squad on Tuesday (5/22/18) and it's working well. How long, who knows. I likely will purchase another warranty when my current warranty expires ( 5 years from now ).

But, let me share the part numbers they replaced (ice maker, clips, silicone caulk - all Samsung provided fron their own warehouse or vendors) :

Warranty:

SKU #/Part #

Description

DA82-02367A

A/S ASSY-Y CLIP;RF9000K,

DA81-05595A

A/S-EPOXY;3140 RTV,SILIC

DA97-13718C

ASSY ICE MAKER;AW2-CD FD

I did not need the gas loop replaced as my fridge was new enough that it already had the update for the loop.

Good Luck

WATCH THIS!!! The real cause of ice maker problems is the Auger Case Assembly per Samsung ASC20151125001 Service Bulletin. The case has been upgraded 4 tim...
0 Likes
userv0X2vMyDer
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I support a class action lawsuit. This fridges was 4K and I have to defrost!!! 

0 Likes
userI0c7115oCs
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yup, same problem here. There answer to me was:

Subject: Re: Ice maker frosted every 2-3 weeks, annoying
Date: 09-15-2018 06:42 PM

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have pulled up the model details and I'm sorry to say we have no accommodation to offer at this time. This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Incredible how they stand behind their products. I am very disappointed on this Samsung product. For sure, I will be letting my 'Friends' in social media know how this has gone. I know the Apple guys will have a field-day with me, as I am always pushing Samsung phones on them...
0 Likes
userBohKv7Itt8
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

QUOTE: You should never have to manually defrost the refrigerator except maybe as a one-time troubleshooting step (in conjunction with something else that will prevent the need for a manual defrost in the future). If you have to defrost it more than once, the refrigerator needs service. END QUOTE

LOL, the problem is THEY CANNOT FIX THIS.

Sounds stupid but that's what Samsung is telling us.

0 Likes
userusc04PxQeI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just finished defrosting mine using hair dryer. This is a bi-weekly thing, ice builds up around ice pan and i have to jeck it out and then use hair dryer to melt the ice. The leaking and general nastyness this creates is not pretty.  I really hate this fridge and SAMSUNG. I have also joined the class action suit with KSG.

https://kohnswift.com/

http://kohnswift.com/2017/03/16/ksg-files-class-action-complaint-against-samsung-for-refrigerators-w...

0 Likes
userjvW7gcIh75
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My fancy 4 door 2 year old Samsung has the issue of not sensing when the ice catch pan  is full and continues to make ice ice until it jams and freezes up into the ice maker itself. Makes ice fine just won't quit when it needs to. Daily I have to pull out the catch pan and reach up and in jam ice maker, reset and repeat every day. I have never had to defrost or de-ice it other than to just physically reach up and clear the ice jam above catch pan into ice maker. 

I am convinced it is the photo eye ( or whatever senses its level,  not sensing the level of ice in the catch pan.  Can I replace the photo eye or test it someway to see if the sensor is bad or if it's the circuit board that is bad. Does this sound like I'm on the right track. This photo eye doesn't appear to be tied in to the ice maker itself and therefore don't believe replacing the ice maker will solve my problem.   Like everyone else I have been around and around with Samsung about it with no help. Warranty is up and has never been right since day one.I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN.            

If anyone can help me with the how to with the photo eye replacement ( troubleshooting) would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
castelo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had the same problem. You can test to see if the laser eye is working by taking the ice bin out and using your phone camera to look inside the ice maker toward the back by the agar motor. It will look like a red light (you can't see it with the naked eye). My light still worked, but wasn't communicating properly to the ice maker to stop. I had to replace the whole ice maker to fix it because the techs had no idea how to troubleshoot it. Out over $300 and now I'm part of the class action lawsuit with Kohn Swift.

0 Likes