Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 5/28/18 1:46 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
91RS
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You're not going to get answers to any of those questions.  That's part of the problem, I'm not sure Samsung knows what the problem is.  They just want to refer to a service tech but I would say at least 3/4 of the people still have the problem.  If I was still under warranty, I'd let them come look at it as much as they want.  I'm out of warranty and I'm not playing guessing games with my money.  I'm willing to spend money to fix this because it is HIGHLY UNSANITARY but someone needs to guarantee the fix.  I work on cars for a living and if I get my diagnosis wrong, I'm expected to work for free but not Samsung.  They want to keep charging to throw parts at it and not actually diagnose the problem.  I can throw parts at it myself for a lot cheaper.

I try not to think about it because it pisses me off to even think how excited I was to buy Samsung appliances since I've loved their TV's for years and now I have to pull the ice tray out of my 3 year old refrigerator to get ice without getting black stuff in my drinks.  This is bull.  Oh, and when I pull said ice tray out I get water dripping all over my clothes and my wood floors! 

0 Likes
corbin75
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the list. Can someone from Samsung please make a statement about the defect and if they are offering full refunds for the fridge or supplying a replacement ice system that has the defect fixed?

I like my fridge. I like Samsung but this isn’t acceptable. Its a new product. It should work.

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

At this time this is not a known issue that Samsung is making any accommodations for.  Out of warranty service charges will apply for service repairs on out of warranty units.  In warranty units we will need additional information.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
corbin75
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is disappointing. Samsung should be fixing this engineering and design defect.

I am literally 1.5 years into this fridge and it’s defective.

is there even a real fix? From reading this thread every “fix” fails soon after it’s applied.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, for this issue we suggest repairs. 

0 Likes
91RS
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What repairs?  That's what we want to know.  I want to know the repairs will actually fix it.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

A technician will have to diagnose the issue and recommend the type of repair it needs. We are unable to diagnose the issue or guarantee the repair will be successful from this platform, as that would be up to the service center. Please private message me if you would like for me to set up service for you. 

0 Likes
userNtOZxblxta
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have the same issue as hundreds of others. This is clearly a bad design and we are all stuck with it. Samsung needs to consider the damage to their reputation caused by this issue. We too will never buy Samsung appliances again. 

Martin Buehring

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please private message me at this link. http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe if you would like for me to set up service for you   

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm going to join this parade of complaints / issues as we've recently seen this same thing you all adequately describe.   I have model # RF28HMEDBSR/AA, a 28-Cubic Foot 4-Door French Door refrigerator.  A few weeks ago we noticed no ice coming out, so I took things apart and low and behold we had a bunch of dripping water and lots of ice buildup everwhere except where it was needed.  Things were literally frozen together.  I cleaned it out and put the ice bin back in and things seemed to be OK.  Then last night, no ice.

I researched online and found the bubble wrap "fix".  I don't have any bubble wrap but rolled up a paper towl and it seems to be doing the same thing OK right now.  I pulled out the ice bin and it was frozen in place.  Took a lot of effort to get it out and then quite a bit of chipping away to get rid of all the ice that had built up everywhere except the ice bin.

I just traded messages with SamsungMichelle and still waiting for another response, however my guess is I'm not going to get any satisfaction.  It's clear this is a manufacturing issue that isn't even being acknowledged by Samsung, let alone addressed.  It seems that even having a tech come visit isn't doing anything except resulting in more frustration and more tech visits.

I think this is the beginning of the end of my relationship with Samsung.  If a lawsuit manages to appear out of this, I want in.

0 Likes