Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 5/30/18 1:22 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
BarbKling
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Me too! I can’t even get it open to try to fix it!

0 Likes
userugsSpWJess
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am joining the club, I too have a leaking icemaker.  Two year old, RF28edtww/aa.

0 Likes
userFlydNslipt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Smiley Wink Thank you SO much for taking the time to post this information and even if it may not right for everyone, at least it's a step in the right direction.  

0 Likes
userPHDxCg3TCD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I still have not received any response from Samsung.  Can someone from Samsung please respond to my request for help with this ice maker issue?  

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userPHDxCg3TCD: Did you send the request here?  I'm not seeing any private messages or anything from you.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userPHDxCg3TCD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, last message on page 3 and the second message on page 4....not sure what you mean when you say "private message"

0 Likes
user7ipTEwR8p5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This issue recently started on our fridge, Model:RF28HDEDBSR, has there been any resolution?

0 Likes
user9pLz79OCaR
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same problem, worst $2500 ever spent. Is there a legitimate fix that actually corrects the probnlem?

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

As a follow up, I heard back from SamsungMichelle, who simply took my model number and serial number, confirmed I bought it more than a year ago and told me the warranty covering this was just one year.  She then asked if I wanted to schedule service. 

I shared with SamsungMichelle that it's widely documented on this site, and this long thread that stretches 14 pages now, that many people have complained, and many people have ordered the service calls.  Some many times, and so far nothing has solved the problem.  So why would another person order service if it's not going to work?  Samsung needs to address this.  I told SamsungMichelle that until Samsung can gaurantee the fix, I'm not throwing money away on service.

BTW, the paper towel modification I made to the gasket isn't working.  It seems the problem is getting worse.  I get a nice big drop of water every time I try for ice, and there's lots of water/condensation in the ice maker.  Something is going bad fast there.  We may move this to the garage, turn the ice maker off and bring the garage refrigerator - a 10-year-old Kitchenaid that works great, BTW - into the house as our primary fridge.

Really, really disappointing how Samsung is handling this.

Todd

0 Likes
userpnnGIixYd4
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Still not accepting fault, and no fix that works.

They gave me the run around via private message and in the end told me there was nothing they could do.  We now have 3k paperweights in our kitchen.  

Sent emails to multiple sources with no response.  Sad that we are treated this way.  Wonder how Samsung employees would feel if it was their 3K.

0 Likes