Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 6/6/18 2:54 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userBd8OqXCgp8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have done everything that has been recommend on our unit. Model RF 323TEDBSR/AA. Very fustrating seems like nice unit. Ours has always been stuck in crushed ice. The solonoid has been bad from factory we just didn't notice. Need Help.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that. I can see that you have provided your full model code but I will need the serial number as well to look further into the issue for you. Can you send me your full serial number in a private message? 

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

SamsungMichelle.... at what point are you going to do something more useful than asking people what their model and serial numbers are?  When is Samsung going to address this?  You collecting SN/MN and telling people they are out of warranty and they should order a service call is completely useless - especially since Samsung doesn't even know what the issue is!

Please start being more useful to everyone on this thread.

Todd

0 Likes
BarbKling
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue and I can’t open the ice door to see if it’s frozen.

Model RF28HMEDBSR

purchased 5/2015

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

userXSAxpOoo26, this will require service. You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
JeffreyP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am also on the list.

13 months old. Got gobs of water coming out the icemaker. Unit make like 10 cubes per day.

How hasnt this been fixed yet???

Model: RF28M9580SG

So annoying and helpless. Samsung doesnt care.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@JeffreyP I sent you a private message. 

0 Likes
JeffreyP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is a law firm investigating this here in Philadelphia.

Seems Samsung has an issue.

I recommend people signing up for their notifications.

All known issues, with no fixes from Samsung.

0 Likes
userSN58ES2JIr
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue with my fridge; the model is RF23HTEDBSR/AA.  Looks like this is a very widely known issue. Has anyone discovered a reliable fix?

0 Likes
91RS
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is what I'm after becase at this point, it is what it is that this is happening.  I just want it fixed but I'm not paying for someone to come out and keep throwing parts at it that won't fix it.  I'm tired of my refrigerator growing black and orange mold/mildew because of the melting ice.  I'm tired of pulling the ice tray out to get ice by hand because it's the only way not to back black stuff in my drink (yes, I do clean it but it only lasts about a week and then it's back).  They still use what appears to be the same ice maker design in the current model refrigerators so either those are all going to eventually have this problem or they've fixed them so the fix needs to be applied to the older units as well if that's the case.  I was going to post pictures of the orange growing in my refrigerator but there are no attachments allowed on this forum.

0 Likes