cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, do you still need help with this? 

Highlighted
Corey_GalaxyS9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PROBLEM

I had the same problem as everyone else with the water leaking from the ice dispenser.  

SOLUTION

Ice has blocked the air vent needed to circulate air in the ice tray area. So the ice is melting in the tray after it is made. I took the steps in this YouTube video last night and so far the problem is fixed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKKKM_U7Rg. The whole process took me about an hour from start to finish. I accelerated the removal of the ice chunk blocking the vent by using a hairdryer. 

Is your Samsung Icemaker dripping water down the front of your new EXPENSIVE fridge? Clear the ice from the fan. This video will walk you through that. Shoot, I even tell how to remove the ice bucket. UPDATE! (04/24/2018) Looks like about three months at 2 lbs/day over the winter. I have some ...
uservtjpSBd4tM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this one:

Model: RF263BEAESR/AA 01

SN: JKJ44BBG402950P

We never had this issue, then the refrigeraror was put in Energy Saver mode for a week or 2. After that the icemaker stiopped working. I reset it and cleaned out some stuck ice and it started again, but now we have the watter dripping issue and major ice buildup in the icemaker.  It would be great if Samsung took care of this as it is clearly a design flaw, but i will attempt the complete disassembly and defrost of the icemaker when I have some time and see how it goes.

userHmVf8znksr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have to unplug the fridge's power?

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHmVf8znksr If you are wanting to defrost the unit then yes, unplugging it would be the answer, however, if you are having issues with the water leak, you would need to turn off the water first so the water would stop leaking. Was there any property damage due to the leak? 

Can you provide me with your complete model & serial number? 

userskbmHK1ByR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are also in the same boat on this issue.  (Model  RF28HFEDBWW ).(Model Code RF28HFEDBWW/AA 07)  We have tried the "bubble-wrap" approach to no avail and we ordered a new seal for the ice bin and door seal and installed that, again with no success.

userskbmHK1ByR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am joining crowd of others having the same problem with this expensive refrigerator. To save you time of asking here is my model #RF28HFEDBWW,Model Code RF28HFEDBWW/AA 07.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userHmVf8znksr no you should not have to unplug the power. In the back of the refrigerator, there is a water valve that you can just turn off. All this does is turn the water off to the fridge. You will not have any ice production nor will you be able to get water from the dispenser but it does not turn off the water in your entire home. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@@userHmVf8znksr did you just turn off the water valve? 

kenckar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Does it still work now?