cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue with my brand new Samsung refrigerator. I’m still within the 12 month warranty and I’ve had my ice maker replaced twice already. It’s now broken for a third time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

DO NOT BUY!!!!

Less than 2 years old, RF24J9960S4, Chef's Collection 4-door.  Third time this has happenend.  Now told only fix is to shut off refigerator for 48-72 hours to let ice maker completely defrost.  Oh, and expect it to happen again, maybe six months later.

They need a better fix!  Until then, do not buy this brand

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, the ice maker freezes and won't make ice. We've had it "repaired" at least half a dozen times (we bought the extended warranty, the fridge is now 3 years old). They've replaced the ice maker twice. I've been told that there's a space between the ice maker and fridge wall that's letting warm air into the ice maker. The last repair guy said he was going to try to seal it, but I don't know what he did, it's still giving us trouble. When it does make ice cubes they never look right, they're small and odd shaped. Oh and you first get a gush of water before any ice comes out.

Our fridge also has an annoying ping at times, just random pings. The doors are closed, seals are clean, no reason for this to happen. We've had the whole electronic front panel replaced. Still happens.

We paid close to $2500 for this Samsung fridge, will never buy a Samsung appliance again.

Oh, according to Lowe's (where we purchased it) the ice maker doesn't fall under the "lmon law". So, we're stuck with this thing.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will be calling Lowes tomorrow for the same icemaker problem. I called Samsung in early November for problem and was told they were unaware of any problem. I defrosted icemaker as shown on UTUBE and it worked fine for about 3 weeks. Samsung warranty ended at end of November. I purchased Lowes extended warranty so I will pass the ball to them. Hopefully Samsung has found a solution to this problem. I find I am having to defrost icemaker about every 3 weeks. The first person from Samsung told me to leave the frozen ice in place until a repairman can see the problem.  I have no idea how quickly Lowes can provide service so I will probably defrost again. I spent nearly $2000 for this refrigerator and would expect it to perform better.   

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In August 2015 I bought the french door refrigerator from Lowes with door dispensing  (double ice makers - bottom freezer).  They had to change out the bottom ice maker one year later and now it stop working again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worst refrigerator I've ever owned.  I've had the ice maker replaced twice...  six months almost to the day to the last installation, it's starting to fail again.  <Hidden>

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice makeBad Ice maker... Samsung upper

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had the extended warranty from Lowes 5 year. On my Samsung french door Refrigerator. After having 3 plus years of trouble with is ice maker. I complained to Lowes repair that I wanted a new Refrigerator. The person on the phone said please hold on I'll have to take this to my supervisor. She came back on the phone and said my request had been granted. They send me a check for the entire amount of the box plus tax. I ask when do you want to pick up the old box. We are not the Refrigerator is yours do with it what you wish.  My box was the big one 31 cubic inches. They cut a check for $2600.00+... Just FYI if they have spent over $2100 in repair they will pay you to get out from under it. So just keep calling for a repairman ever week. Please just KEEP calling, you will get your money back...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same ice maker issues on the same model (RF24J9960S4).  We get less than one tray of ice per day, then have to rely on separate ice trays which take up space in the freezer.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same ice maker issues on the same model (RF24J9960S4).  We get less than one tray of ice per day, then have to rely on separate ice trays which take up space in the freezer.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

will Samsung give a refund within the warranty?  I would take a refund.  I bet they do not though.