cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungMichelle.... at what point are you going to do something more useful than asking people what their model and serial numbers are?  When is Samsung going to address this?  You collecting SN/MN and telling people they are out of warranty and they should order a service call is completely useless - especially since Samsung doesn't even know what the issue is!

Please start being more useful to everyone on this thread.

Todd

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and I can’t open the ice door to see if it’s frozen.

Model RF28HMEDBSR

purchased 5/2015

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userXSAxpOoo26, this will require service. You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also on the list.

13 months old. Got gobs of water coming out the icemaker. Unit make like 10 cubes per day.

How hasnt this been fixed yet???

Model: RF28M9580SG

So annoying and helpless. Samsung doesnt care.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@JeffreyP I sent you a private message. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a law firm investigating this here in Philadelphia.

Seems Samsung has an issue.

I recommend people signing up for their notifications.

All known issues, with no fixes from Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my fridge; the model is RF23HTEDBSR/AA.  Looks like this is a very widely known issue. Has anyone discovered a reliable fix?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what I'm after becase at this point, it is what it is that this is happening.  I just want it fixed but I'm not paying for someone to come out and keep throwing parts at it that won't fix it.  I'm tired of my refrigerator growing black and orange mold/mildew because of the melting ice.  I'm tired of pulling the ice tray out to get ice by hand because it's the only way not to back black stuff in my drink (yes, I do clean it but it only lasts about a week and then it's back).  They still use what appears to be the same ice maker design in the current model refrigerators so either those are all going to eventually have this problem or they've fixed them so the fix needs to be applied to the older units as well if that's the case.  I was going to post pictures of the orange growing in my refrigerator but there are no attachments allowed on this forum.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I find it very interesting that this forum has been in existence for quite a long time, with literally hundreds of posts, with seemingly no resolution aside from a friendly reply or a request for a private message. I have done some research and checked the analytics on this forum. The simple truth is all that any of us want is to have a product function like it should when we purchase it. Particularly for something used so frequently and for technology that has been around for a very long time. That is why I’m moving forward with plans for a class action suit. Fortunately I have family members that are in the field of law, so it won’t be that difficult for me. The other great thing is I don’t even need all of you to reply with your buy-in, as once a judge approves it for C-A all records of sales to consumers for all affected products has to be surrendered to the court. Samsung. You would have been better off simply replacing the units of the people on this forum. Now it’s going to get more difficult and much more expensive. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh, please, have Samsung to help me, too!  I have been messing with this for 18 months!!!  Thank you.