cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issue. Can't believe how many people have this same issue! 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also JUST got the slushy ice/leaking water problem from my icemaker.

1 month out of warranty.

There is a class action lawsuit about this, since samsung will squash any links you post about it, simply google:

KSG Investigates Samsung Icemaker

Totally unacceptable.

Highlighted
Constellation

ice maker problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model RF28HMEDBSR/AA. The ice maker is constant problems. I makes lots of noise, it leaks water everytime you try to get ice throught the door and now the ice tray is frozen into the refrigerator. There are literally thousands of posts on line about these problems. When will Samsung stand by their customers and make this right. Love the fridge,  not the constant problems for an appliance of the price range.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the RSG 257

Same issues. They should recall this poor design.  I have heard a way of thawing the water line by injecting with a syringe hot water into the line from the dispenser.

i am sick of puddles on the floor and buying ice. i still get puddles under the bottom drawer of the freezer.

i coulda bought a little car for my daughter for what the refrig costs. its a crime. if it was a car, there would be a recall.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are also experiencing the same issue, and have been for a long time, and have also experienced the same issue with contacting Samsung. I called, and am told by their automated response that they are closed. I tried the 24/7 chat, and have yet to recieve a response, despite the fact that they say it should take "usually less than a minute". 

Based on what I am seeing here there is little no no accountability from Samsung on this matter. Customer service also seems to be sub par. All I want is some product resolution or reimbursement of some sort given this issue. An ice maker should not be the point of failure on a $2,000 appliance.

Has anyone started class action litigation?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add another VERY unhappy customer to the list.  Purchased this refrigerator in October of 2014 from Lowe's.  Did not buy an extended warranty because we have a home warranty.  Why spend the extra money right?  Anyway, in November of 2016 (just outside the factory warranty of course) I made my first claim to my home warranty company.  They came out and said they needed to add some sealant to keep the warmer air from getting inside the ice maker.  They left, it wouldn't make any ice.  They came back two weeks later and made some additional repairs.  Not sure what they were but basically replaced everything except the whole ice maker trying to get it to work.  Finally two weeks after that in January of 2017 they replaced the whole ice maker.  Put a brand new one in.  This was Sears coming out to make the repair, which is who my home warranty company used at the time. 

We rocked along for several months and it was working real well.  I'm thinking we are out of the woods.  They've got it fixed.  WRONG!!  Maybe six months or so goes by and slowly we begin starting back with issues.  First when you get ice through the door a gush of water pours out first before you get any ice.  The ice is always being crushed up even when nobody ever uses crushed ice.  You couldn't get a whole ice cube out of there if you tried.  It looked like an old freezer that needed to be defrosted when you took out the ice bin.  Already being outside the time I could call back and get the repair worked on without paying another deductible, I just started defrosting it myself every couple of months.  Plus, I also have a second ice maker down below in the freezer so we got lazy and just started digging ice out of that one, which worked well until the holidays when I have a dozen people or more at my house and only once ice maker that's working.  FRUSTRATING!!

So finally in March of 2018 I make another claim with the home warranty.  Repairman comes out and I explain to him everything that's already been done to this point with this ice maker.  He replaces the whole ice maker again!  It works well for a couple of months and by May of 2018 it's completely frozen up and will not produce any ice.  I have attached pictures of it this time before I defrosted it.  I have called my home warranty company back again and apparently if you call them within six months they come back out without paying a new deductible.  That's good to know because now I will call them every two months until hopefully maybe they will just replace the whole refrigerator.  

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG!!  I called them when this first started happening and was told you're out of warranty and we have no service technicians in your area so basically go fish.  I have added my name to the class action lawsuit, but after reading others on here nothing much is happening with it.  It is ridiculous to think that a company knows they have all these issues and won't do what is right and fix it for people.  It's not like these are $700, $800 refrigerators.  I paid $1,900!!!  And, yes, the refrigerator still works and the water still comes through the door, but by God I also want my ice to come through the door.  It's what I paid for and for that kind of money it should work more than 13 months!!!!!

NOTE:  Tried to insert pictures and was not allowed to do so.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list of unhappy Samsung customers that will never buy again, and will also tell all my friends. This thread says SOLVED but after reading over 50 pages, Samsung's Resolution says to set up a service call. After reading all the people who called and waisted their money for a service call and some people had up to 2 NEW ice makers put in.  I decided to take another route, Samsung you have to RECALL these ice makers. Or we as customers will force you to. 

Samsung Forum Admin, I have a model number RF26J7500SR. Purchased on 3-27-2017. Had the issue of the faulty ice maker freezing up 4 months ago. 1 month out of warranty so I searched the Web for advice. I have totally defrosted YOUR Refrigerator twice already and moved ALL my food to my neighbors refrigerator, what a pain in the butt. I did the ice maker Reset, did the Sealing of all the CRACKS that you see light from my flashlight from inside the fridge to the ice box. It's all sealed up and I still have water coming out of the ice despencer and slushy Ice, then It freezes up.

Make this right Samsung for all of us. It's to bad because you make Other stuff that's really good. I have been buying for years and reviewing on my YouTube Channel with ALOT  of Followers. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userc2Z9EmkYhq, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Once again, why are you asking for a private link when there are dozens of consumers asking for a solution? Make this right for all of us please. My model number is RF28JBEDBSR/AA. I bought this unit less than a year ago.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriP1KCuvaLM, mind shooting us a message with your serial number so we can look into servicing options?