cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. 

Hey samsung have you figured out how to make a ice make yet??!!

Maybe call whirlpool or some other mfg.

Please put me on the class action lawsuit list...

OH and PS I wont buy another samsung product in my life time....

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue . Is this 1960?? ... Defrost the unit?   Hopefully an attorney will buy one and get as angry  as we all are and file a class action suit 

Feel free to contact me if you know of any action against Samsung .

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started off fine and in the last 6 to 8 months it is doing just that over filling and freezing up .It would be nice to have a cut off arm.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that the most recent repair attempts still aren't working.  I had a technician out a couple of months ago to install all of the newest parts (icemaker, tray, auger, etc) and perform all steps in the most recent bulletins (Y-clip, silicon, tube adjustment, etc.) and it was better for about 6 weeks.

As of yesterday, ice is building up on the bottom of the icemaker again, and water is pooling beneath the ice dispenser.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

mine freezes over even when the tub is empty. nice try Samsung. blame the customer

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had thought that may be the issue too and was doing as you suggested. That is not the problem. The ice maker is still freezing up and I need to defrost it. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Samsung RF28JBEDBSG/AA in January of 2018.  Already have a service rep coming out for a frozen ice maker.

I am a big fan of Samsung electronics, so silly me, thought their other products were good.

NOT a happy camper.

Astronaut

Re: RF28JBEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a similar unit in Dec of 2017.  Have had several issues where the ice maker has frozen. I just found this forum.  Will be calling Samsung tomorrow.  I've been a big fan of Samsung TVs.  My first time with other appliances.  I'm not liking what I'm hearing.  Sounds like a class action suit may be necessary.  Sounds like a really bad design.  Sorry to be in the same boat..

Sam

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't believe that anyone is calling either of these options a solution:

1. defrost the entire fridge every 3-6 months

2. turn off the icemaker each night

There are ice makers made in the 80s that were more (and probably still are more) reliable than this appliance. We are having the same issue with ours and with a family of 6, defrosting every 3-6 months is not an option. If this is a persistent issue across this line, then the manufacturer should take care of it. This is the kind of stuff that turns into class action lawsuits.

I am going to jump through the Samsung hoops and see what their repair people say. But if it is anything close to what the above posts say, I am going to lose it...and Samsung will lose me (phones, TVs, blurays, appliances, all of it)

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

wow 50+ pages of people with the same exact problem.

The list grows by the hour.

But Samsung says there is no known problem.......