Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't believe that anyone is calling either of these options a solution:

1. defrost the entire fridge every 3-6 months

2. turn off the icemaker each night

There are ice makers made in the 80s that were more (and probably still are more) reliable than this appliance. We are having the same issue with ours and with a family of 6, defrosting every 3-6 months is not an option. If this is a persistent issue across this line, then the manufacturer should take care of it. This is the kind of stuff that turns into class action lawsuits.

I am going to jump through the Samsung hoops and see what their repair people say. But if it is anything close to what the above posts say, I am going to lose it...and Samsung will lose me (phones, TVs, blurays, appliances, all of it)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

wow 50+ pages of people with the same exact problem.

The list grows by the hour.

But Samsung says there is no known problem.......

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Signed up just to say add me to the list of the apparently thousands of others with this issue. Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They said there are no complaints and basically this forum is an unreliable source of information!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung told me the same - We have no known issues or recalls (I have a RF23HTEDBSR/AA).  

Also denied the service bulletins exist that list the specific model and replacement parts. 

Never mind the hundreds of others with ice dams and airplane noises - it's all make believe. 

I did agree that there are no recalls, but there sure should be.  

Samsung rep told me to shut off the firdge for a few hours, then when it all thaws out raise my fridge temps and operate ther going forward (at pretty much borderline unsafe levels).  Absolutely ludicrous.  

They finally said "maybe you need a tech to come out and look at it"  - well no kidding, after wasting 20 minutes going through the robot checklist.  Can't wait for that visit.  

Hey Samsung - why don't you step up and take ownership of this?????

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to get set up for service or would you like me to help with this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This issue has been on going in these forums for years now and Samsung still refuses to recognize it as a bad design. Even to go so far as to flag this 53 PAGE entry as SOLVED!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Nothing recommended has fixed the issue. Now I don’t have ice at all. I should have got the LG

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Water dispenses fine, but no ice. This happened after being on vacation for a week and no one dispensing ice so I'm assuming the line froze. Also changed filter at the same time. Getting high pressure water from water dispenser so it's not a filter issue.

Mods can you PM me to see if still under warranty. I bought a house a few months ago and the fridge was included. Thought it was a good thing, boy was I wrong!

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CubsFanPlease send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.