JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 7/1/18 2:55 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@CubsFanPlease send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
userClIIVRMXrO
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue. Bought in 2015 and lasted to about day of warranty expiration. Samsung has a service bulletin which we did ourselves but didn't solve the issue at all. Samsung said to us as well that there are no reported issues. I said check online. They said they don't have access to internet. Very funny and thank you for thinking we're dumb (well, we did buy your product so maybe you have a point). 

To limp along with no thanks to Samsung: Remove the maker tray about monthly, then gently use a hair dryer to melt ice buildup. Feel back to make sure that the chunk of ice there is melted. Put dish towel in the maker to absorb water. Wipe dry and then replace. If it is bad above, remove screws on left to remove the wire cover. Then disconnect wires and remove the actual ice maker. Let it thaw and replace all. Telling someone to just unplug monthly is insulting.

<Edited Out>

0 Likes
userYBdG7P9cog
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've got the Samsung RF23J9011SR/AA model refrigerator and the ice maker is marked DA97-13718A. As several others have related in this thread, mine is icing up and after about a month after the last thaw out it ices up a hunk of ice that blocks it from making ice. I get the hair dryer out and it's good for another month.

Question......I see on youtube how you install a new ice maker.....will this fix the problem or will I have to continue to thaw out with a hair dryer every month even with the new ice maker?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
usertcd0J0Lpmx
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will be writing a lengthy letter to the federal Consumers Protection Agency to see if they can help....I would suggest everyone else to do the same since Samsung is refusing to own up to the myriad of issues their appliances are having....Unfortunately I have had to replace a 2 year old Samsung refrigerator with a Whirlpool that actually works....in the meantime, I have actively steered customers away from Samsung at the home improvement store where I work and even while I was shopping for my whirlpool, I had conversations with at least three other customers and after telling them my nightmare, I told them DO NOT under any circumstance but a Samsung appliance

0 Likes
useriqVMIxVUZJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No service appointment has been set up because you want to charge me for someone to come out.  I am very disappointed with Samsung appliances right now!! Everytime I get ice it is half melted and when I open my fridge there are puddles of water sitting there.  If you would like to send someone out to fix it at no charge let me know!! I believe it has to do with the twin cooling system.... 

0 Likes
userwAyiYi9Hcg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I signed up today 6/30/18 as after 1 year owning this fridge I have had the same issue! Obviously and sadly I’m not alone with this problem. We are in AR and it’s 100 degrees outside. I use ice in every thing I drink including my iced coffee and I work from home so the ice maker is not sitting not being used except at night. The ice maker freezes up every 2-3 months. Sounds like just something to deal with since Samsung not recalling. I have found the hair dryer method works best but such a pain in a high dollar item. I used to brag on Samsung but as usual these days items are not made like they used to be with quality and care for their customers. 

0 Likes
uservr9jwiMVkS
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue. Ice maker stopped working about 1 year ago. Have been on the periodic hairdryer defrosting plan. It works reasonably well but yeah I would not really call that a solution but rather a workaround to a continuing problem. 

I forgot about this but remember now that there is a class action suit open at: 

https://kohnswift.com/2017/03/16/ksg-files-class-action-complaint-against-samsung-for-refrigerators-...

I think I’ll get in touch with them. 

0 Likes
userCzgtAxoQyk
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had the same icemaker issues which started about 3 months after the warranty ended two years ago.  Followed the same process as many have stated and spent about $500 on service visits and 'fixes'.  I ended up filing a complaint with my state attorney general which got the attention of Samsung when they were asked to respond.  I was able to file on line.  Samsung agreed to replace the ice maker with the latest unit at their cost.  That was done about a month ago and so far things are fine, but I wonder how long this one will last.  The class action lawsuit will take years to run its course and most of the settlement funds go to the attorney's so I suggest others take this approach.  Also, noticed that Consumer Reports is still highly recommending these refrigerators.  I'm reaching out to them to ask that they investigate all of these issues.

0 Likes
userusc04PxQeI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good info, there are thousands of consumers that bought these POS refrigerators. Samsung so far has refused to do anything to address the issue. Could you share your communication with your attorney general so everyone could do the same in whatever state we live in? (Iam in Texas) Maybe that would get Samsungs attention, nothing else has worked.

Thanks in advance,

Larry Hobbs

0 Likes
useri3IUBn5qsG
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We had the ice maker replaced by Samsung's 3rd party support and the replacement ice maker made ice once and that was it.  I called Samsung once again and now they are blaming other things like our R/O system and waterline - they don't recommend R/O lines because of the distance it has to travel and then upwards to the icemaker. HUH?   We can get chilled water out of the dispenser just fine so it's not the waterline. They blamed R/O pressure - which performed just fine for our last refrigerator.  Although there is no more frost build-up, there is no ice.  I've reset the switch on the side and nothing.   

Any recommendations or next steps before I complain to my AG's office?

Note:  When they replaced the ice maker parts, they didn't replace the unit as some videos had suggested should be completed (https://youtu.be/ttpy5nzZ7SU?t=3m17s).

WATCH THIS!!! The real cause of ice maker problems is the Auger Case Assembly per Samsung ASC20151125001 Service Bulletin. The case has been upgraded 4 tim...
0 Likes