cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you tell me how to find info on joining the lawsuit?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every time I try to post a link it gets deleted. Just google Kohn Swift Samsung lawsuit. Fill out a brief questionnaire giving them your info and that’s all there is to it. If a settlement is ever reached you’ll be notified. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also just had my auger, bucket i think Y clips ...and near sensor panel replaced today with the new part numbers as well. Also siliconed the ice maker area.

This is the 3rd repair due to condensation ...and loud fan noise from ice build up hitting the cooling fans and the 2nd time for the ice maker though in defense... they didn't replace parts for the ice issue the last time.

Thankfully im covered under an extended warranty on my 2015 countertop samsung purchase.

Additionally ... my forced defrost mode is different than I've seen posted.

Upper left and middle right buttons at one time.. then upper right to FD.

I really hope this fixes the issue. 

Will keep posted.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the info, just signed up!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have the same fridge you do. My issue is the noise that the fridge makes where it sounds like it’s hitting something. I have heard it’s related to the ice maker. We thaw the fridge and it fixes it for a month and then it’s back. I see your post was from 2017. Did it permanently resolve the issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4ioJVP8xbq wrote:

Hi, I have the same fridge you do. My issue is the noise that the fridge makes where it sounds like it’s hitting something. I have heard it’s related to the ice maker. We thaw the fridge and it fixes it for a month and then it’s back. I see your post was from 2017. Did it permanently resolve the issue?

So when our frig had this issue, it had frozen the icemaker solid and the hitting was the drive gear on the tray trying to rotate it. It had split the gear in half with the pressure. It would make a racket wit the knocking. 

Our entire icemaker was replaced.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I have the same ice anker issue with my Samsung French door refrigerator. How should I file a complaint with the state attorney general? I’m n NY

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just had the Best Buy Geek Squad out.  We bought the 5 year warranty for our Family Hub Fridge.

1 year in the ice maker started leaking, wet ice, freezing up, etc.

Best Buy Warranty service was great. They KNEW about the icemaker issue when I called on the phone.

They shipped to me in advance, all brand new (&redesigned) parts to my home. Came out and replaced EVERYTHING! Took them 30 minutes, all brand new parts (icemaker, auger, seals, everything).

So far ice has been great.  Service tech told me there are loads of issues with these icemakers but the fix was to replace them and seal the compartment with silicone.

So far, so good.  The Best Buy people do not mess around!