cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Signed up just to say add me to the list of the apparently thousands of others with this issue. Unbelievable.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They said there are no complaints and basically this forum is an unreliable source of information!
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung told me the same - We have no known issues or recalls (I have a RF23HTEDBSR/AA).  

Also denied the service bulletins exist that list the specific model and replacement parts. 

Never mind the hundreds of others with ice dams and airplane noises - it's all make believe. 

I did agree that there are no recalls, but there sure should be.  

Samsung rep told me to shut off the firdge for a few hours, then when it all thaws out raise my fridge temps and operate ther going forward (at pretty much borderline unsafe levels).  Absolutely ludicrous.  

They finally said "maybe you need a tech to come out and look at it"  - well no kidding, after wasting 20 minutes going through the robot checklist.  Can't wait for that visit.  

Hey Samsung - why don't you step up and take ownership of this?????

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to get set up for service or would you like me to help with this?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This issue has been on going in these forums for years now and Samsung still refuses to recognize it as a bad design. Even to go so far as to flag this 53 PAGE entry as SOLVED!
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Nothing recommended has fixed the issue. Now I don’t have ice at all. I should have got the LG

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Water dispenses fine, but no ice. This happened after being on vacation for a week and no one dispensing ice so I'm assuming the line froze. Also changed filter at the same time. Getting high pressure water from water dispenser so it's not a filter issue.

Mods can you PM me to see if still under warranty. I bought a house a few months ago and the fridge was included. Thought it was a good thing, boy was I wrong!

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CubsFanPlease send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Bought in 2015 and lasted to about day of warranty expiration. Samsung has a service bulletin which we did ourselves but didn't solve the issue at all. Samsung said to us as well that there are no reported issues. I said check online. They said they don't have access to internet. Very funny and thank you for thinking we're dumb (well, we did buy your product so maybe you have a point). 

To limp along with no thanks to Samsung: Remove the maker tray about monthly, then gently use a hair dryer to melt ice buildup. Feel back to make sure that the chunk of ice there is melted. Put dish towel in the maker to absorb water. Wipe dry and then replace. If it is bad above, remove screws on left to remove the wire cover. Then disconnect wires and remove the actual ice maker. Let it thaw and replace all. Telling someone to just unplug monthly is insulting.

<Edited Out>

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the Samsung RF23J9011SR/AA model refrigerator and the ice maker is marked DA97-13718A. As several others have related in this thread, mine is icing up and after about a month after the last thaw out it ices up a hunk of ice that blocks it from making ice. I get the hair dryer out and it's good for another month.

Question......I see on youtube how you install a new ice maker.....will this fix the problem or will I have to continue to thaw out with a hair dryer every month even with the new ice maker?

Thanks,

Jim