JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 7/29/18 6:12 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
useroe7Hl7e0hg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Everyone I know that has one of these including myself are having the SAME icemaker issues. 

When I first purchased hat I thought would be a good product a tech had to come out and replace the ice making unit.

THEN, after the warranty expired my icemaker started doing what your unit is doing and I have to use a blow-dryer to melt the ice that builds up and stops the init from making ice !

My ex-wife just bought a similiar unit ( 2 years newer than mine ) and it is doing EXACTLY the same thing !

Appears SAMSUNG does not give a hoot about its customers nor its refridgerators , a shame because I like their other products but will not longer buy them.

0 Likes
user1RPs08hbDP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We bought ours last summer 2018 and the ice maker is now doing the same thing as everyone else’s. I sadly researched this ice maker problem before we bought and told my wife no Samsung. When we went shopping she had to have this flex zone which I specifically told her had problems. The salesman assured us that this was a newer model and that had been resolved. I can now .... it has the same problem and not a year old. And after reading all these posts it probably won’t get resolved. We bought the stove and Microwave too.

0 Likes
userUFAwY2CQw4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes! Mine is the same. Didn’t start doing this until 2 yrs after purchasing.

Now I’m blowdrying the frost that forms, that eventually makes ice not able to drop, every month. Ridiculous! 

0 Likes
useryN0edcWrTE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thid is what my ice msker looks like too....I have to defrost initially every 6 months now I'm down to 2-3 wondering when samsung will take redpresponsibi

0 Likes
useruKux9euK9Z
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung,

Have you found a solution for this problem yet.  I am having this problem with my Model: RF28HMEDBSR/AA.

-Dave

user6nmA1929ax
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I replaced my filter and now my ice maker is not working.  I cannot see how to open the ice maker to reset!

Please help!

userM5iWUfWpSw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I’m having a problem with the ice maker freezing up no ice
0 Likes
userb2iKmTBv0r
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Me too!

0 Likes
userBXI8UrTumv
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Started experiencing the same issue a few days ago.  It is very frustrating that we can neither dispense any ice cubes nor open the ice cube bin.  Can't afford to go through this painful "defrost" process suggested by some Refridgerator owners, as we are keeping some very temperature-sensitive medications and specially prepared diet foods in the fridge for a disabled family member.  

What is Samsung's official solution to this problem?  Appreciate a prompt response.

0 Likes
user4Tmcag938D
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You are being given incorrect information.  We just had our ice maker repaired by a certified Samsung technician, and the total cost (including labor) was $338.

This is a little disappointing because the technician told me that the root cause is due to two things:

1) A water splashback design flaw

2) A gap that allows refridgerator air to penetrate the ice maker assembly

The design flaw required a complete ice maker assembly replacement.  The technician sealed the air gap using silicon caulk/sealer.

Bottom line?  Samsung has had a known design flaw here for years.  But between 2014 and 2016, they continued to sell the unit to customers.

0 Likes