Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 8/4/18 9:49 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello userGhNJq9Vit2, please feel free to shoot us a PM: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH  We would be happy to look into this for you. 

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

SamsungBri and Samsung Michelle...You really should stop giving people false hope.  The standard line you give is you'll check into it, which means you'll see if their warranty is valid or not.  And then you'll suggest scheduling a service call, nobody knows how to fix the problem.  People need to realize that you are not here to help them, but are here to sell them.  Stop it!  Start offering some real help, like details of a recall or refund.

My fridge continues to leak all over the place.  I will never buy a Samsung appliance again either, based upon the way Samsung ISN'T handling this.  They are the worst!

Todd

0 Likes
userWAYFl1RHzG
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The door seals are not the problem. The problem is with the ice maker putting too much water into the ice tray overloading the ice tray, although there is a drain for excess water, the amount spills into the fan assembly that is in charge of circulating the air to keep the compartment cold. Once the water spills over the fan becomes ineffective due to water freezing and blocking the air circulation. 

The issue started 13 months after purchase. I ordered a new fan assembly thinking the fan was not working but the issue lies with the design of the ice tray not being able to handle the amount of water supplied.

0 Likes
userGx5kIV3W54
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just had to repalce our ice maker cost over $600.00.  Our unit is not even 3 years. Samsung would not help in anyway.  Not buying Samsung ever again

0 Likes
usertb9M59SEb9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Shouldn’t Samsung be fixing this 

0 Likes
useryzwCCpgHyd
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This! Why doesn't the people from Samsung answering these posts understand that the idiots in engineering put an ice maker in the above freezing part of the refriegerator. This was designed to fail and I can't believe I was one of the fools who fell for it. 

0 Likes
userGjR4vyS3s4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine is brand new and doing this

0 Likes
usercn8AiFN7xw
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Class action lawsuit.
usermMtKZr2CqU
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue, my unit is just over a year old purchased from Home Depot, model RF28HMEDB5RA/A. Is there a class action suit going yet? Count me in. I have read all the issues and responses and have yet to see a fix from Samsung. Not happy, Samsung needs to stand up and do the right thing and address the issue or lose customers. Appears they have lost many already, SAD!

I am here Samsung, do the right thing, contact me.

thank you!

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

usermMtKZr2CqU, please send us a private message if you would like for us to look into this for you: Link

0 Likes