cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userx1ZqHhPOmc: Please keep us posted on the repair. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The repairman that was scheduled for Saturday, Aug 4, never showed or called but, called on Monday to say he would be rescheduled by the office. 

Good news, they assigned a different repairman, he showed up and, it's been 24 hours and the condensation leak seems to he solved, so far. He replaced the gasket between the door and ice maker opening, along with the supporting gasket frame. Hopeful.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on condensation leak

Despite replacing the gasket and frame between the ice maker and refrigerator door, the condensation and subsequent leaking to the door dispenser, butter compartment cover and bottom of door frame. Called the repairman. Waiting for call back. Annoying.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on condensation leak: repairman came this afternoon, as scheduled. Said he is the technician supervisor. Removed the ice catcher bucket and the ice maker mechanism from inside the ice maker. While disassembling the mechanism, it dumped it's ice. He caught the ice and said the ice was too wet and should be dry and solid. A look all the way to the back showed some ice had formed on what looked like a silver cooling loop, partially covering the cooling fan exhaust holes. He is 90% sure problem was gray water supply tube penetrating too deeply into water catcher that refills ice tray, causing it to splash outside the intended target. He backed off the water supply tube. Reassembled. Wait and see. Hopeful, again. We really like this refrigerator... Hope it's fixed. All of the Samsung tech have been very nice and customer centric so, it would be nice if they can fix it, too.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to burst you bubble bud, but they’re not going to be able to fix it.  To fix it they must understand what is causing the problem, and there’s zero understanding from Samsung on this at all.  It’s nothing but guesswork.  All the nice technicians in the world aren’t going to fix this problem for you.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Signed, 

Nancy Negative

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well mine got fixed. And it got fixed properly on the first time.

So there, negative nancy. Try not to rain on everyone's parade.  Or maybe you feel it's your job to make everyone feel bad.  Maybe not say anything at all next time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are 21 pages of reviews on here that say your fix is temporary, at best.  Look for your update soon.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so 21 pages encompasses every single person's purchaser's experience..... interesting. Glad you know everything and are here to 'help' others with your infinite wisdom.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Negative Nancy, you may very well be correct but, mine is under warranty and I'm going through the proper steps for a resolution, whatever that might be. Samsung is also going through the steps. I'm pretty sure we're close to the end, one way or another. If it's not fixed, a newer ice maker will he installed. If that doesn't fix it, Samsung says there will be an "accomodation". I'd rather it be fixed, we like the refrigerator but, not willing to put up with the water for much longer.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update on condensation issue. The repair from yesterday, unfortunately, did not correct the problem. I notified the repairman. He said he scheduled me for another service call. I haven't been notified when that would be, yet.