Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 8/14/18 2:10 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the exact same problem on a brand new RF23M8090SG,  4 door. I tried the bubble wrap. No go. It' brand new so no need to "defrost". Disappointing. Has anyone had a solution to this issue from Samsung or anywhere else? It is definitely a condensation issue and not a "water leak".

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update: repair person came in July and manipulated the gasket. As he left he said to call him if the condensation continued. About a week later I called because the problem had not improved. He said he'd order a new gasket and he thought they were on back order. I never heard from him again. On August 2nd I went to the Samsung self tracking app and saw that my trouble ticket was closed. I called Samsung and they said that as far as they knew the problem was resolved. Samsung called the "local" repair company who in turn called the repairman. When Samsung came back from an extremely long hold, they told me the trouble was closed with the statement "refrigerator functioning normally". To say I'm aggrevated is an understatement.

The folks at Samsung have been great but the locals are running some kind of game. I will not communicate with the locals any further on this issue, just national Samsung. A second "repairman" has been scheduled for Saturday, Aug 4th. And, I'm on my third Samsung trouble ticket for the same problem. We'll see. 

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userx1ZqHhPOmc: Please keep us posted on the repair. 

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The repairman that was scheduled for Saturday, Aug 4, never showed or called but, called on Monday to say he would be rescheduled by the office. 

Good news, they assigned a different repairman, he showed up and, it's been 24 hours and the condensation leak seems to he solved, so far. He replaced the gasket between the door and ice maker opening, along with the supporting gasket frame. Hopeful.

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update on condensation leak

Despite replacing the gasket and frame between the ice maker and refrigerator door, the condensation and subsequent leaking to the door dispenser, butter compartment cover and bottom of door frame. Called the repairman. Waiting for call back. Annoying.

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update on condensation leak: repairman came this afternoon, as scheduled. Said he is the technician supervisor. Removed the ice catcher bucket and the ice maker mechanism from inside the ice maker. While disassembling the mechanism, it dumped it's ice. He caught the ice and said the ice was too wet and should be dry and solid. A look all the way to the back showed some ice had formed on what looked like a silver cooling loop, partially covering the cooling fan exhaust holes. He is 90% sure problem was gray water supply tube penetrating too deeply into water catcher that refills ice tray, causing it to splash outside the intended target. He backed off the water supply tube. Reassembled. Wait and see. Hopeful, again. We really like this refrigerator... Hope it's fixed. All of the Samsung tech have been very nice and customer centric so, it would be nice if they can fix it, too.

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Sorry to burst you bubble bud, but they’re not going to be able to fix it.  To fix it they must understand what is causing the problem, and there’s zero understanding from Samsung on this at all.  It’s nothing but guesswork.  All the nice technicians in the world aren’t going to fix this problem for you.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Signed, 

Nancy Negative

0 Likes
JeffreyP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well mine got fixed. And it got fixed properly on the first time.

So there, negative nancy. Try not to rain on everyone's parade.  Or maybe you feel it's your job to make everyone feel bad.  Maybe not say anything at all next time.

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There are 21 pages of reviews on here that say your fix is temporary, at best.  Look for your update soon.

0 Likes
JeffreyP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

so 21 pages encompasses every single person's purchaser's experience..... interesting. Glad you know everything and are here to 'help' others with your infinite wisdom.

0 Likes