Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 8/15/18 9:41 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Negative Nancy, you may very well be correct but, mine is under warranty and I'm going through the proper steps for a resolution, whatever that might be. Samsung is also going through the steps. I'm pretty sure we're close to the end, one way or another. If it's not fixed, a newer ice maker will he installed. If that doesn't fix it, Samsung says there will be an "accomodation". I'd rather it be fixed, we like the refrigerator but, not willing to put up with the water for much longer.

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update on condensation issue. The repair from yesterday, unfortunately, did not correct the problem. I notified the repairman. He said he scheduled me for another service call. I haven't been notified when that would be, yet.

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Like I said yesterday.... Samsung can’t fix something when they don’t understand what the problem is.

NN

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update to condensation issue:

Samsung repairman replaced ice maker, yesterday afternoon. It was looking like the issue was resolved but then the condensation has begun to form, again. No updates for a couple of weeks, going on vacation from this refrigerator (haha). Repairman said the last thing it could be is the computer. On order and he'll install it when we return. That'll be the third, and apparently last, part to be replaced. Next: 50 cal black powder gun at dawn. 

user9Yo7fCiIjt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add us to the long list of disgruntled customers with a leaky ice problem.  This spring, we had ice build up inside the icemaker, which stopped the ice from being made.  I called and was told that my fridge was a few months out of warranty, so no help from Samsung.  Now, we are having the leaky icemaker problem that everyone here is describing.  If there is a permanent solution, please let me know.  Like others, I am not interested in spending hundreds of dollars on a solution that is temporary at best.  

This sounds like a systemic problem that Samsung should address.  Please do your job by researching it and letting us know what the solution is.  If you would be willing to recall/repair the product at little or no expense to us, that would be even better.  The truth is that we don't expect that every product will be perfect.  In my mind, a company is measured by how they respond when they find out that a product is having a systemic failure like this one.  So far, Samsung has failed this basic sense of responsibility and accountability.

0 Likes
kenckar
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Completely agree. We paid multi-thousands for this refrigerator and recently had a repair guy out who said there was not a good fix. Grrrr.

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update to condensation leak.

Returned from vacation and jumped right back into the issue. Steve, from Samsung came on Saturday, September 8th. Replaced the "final" part;the computer. Still condensating/dripping. So, gaskets, gasket frame, ice maker and computer have been replaced on our new refrigerator. Will contact Samsung when the sun comes up to see what's next. Still love this refrigerator, other than its constant sweating and dripping from the ice maker.

0 Likes
userx1ZqHhPOmc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update on ice maker condensation issue

Samsung repairman came on Tuesday Sept 11 and documented all the parts of the refrigerator. Samsung has issued an "accomodation" to replace the refrigerator. I really wish it was fixable because it's a nice appliance. Thanks for doing the right thing, Samsung.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We're glad that we could be of assistance.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userm0Chr3wzKT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What a joke response.  6,000 complaints and they can't do anything.  A guy says thank you for the company doing what they are probably obligated to do (guessing under warranty?) and Samsung says "glad to be of assistance". 

When are you going to help the rest of us, SamsungJam, with your failed and defective refrigerators?

0 Likes