cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEnIAdIh6Pg
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it’s still under warranty from where you bought it demand a refund. If that doesn’t work if you contact your attorney general. Ours was repaired six times and still under warranty and we contacted the Missouri Attorney General’s office to force Lowe’s to replace the refrigerator. We got a refund!

Highlighted
userEnIAdIh6Pg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Never will buy anything made by Samsung!
usernEhBzNKiPA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same Ice Master problem with our Samsung RF23HSESBSR/AA with French doors, and Soda Stream water dispenser.  We've had it for about three years, but honestly the Ice Master stopped working within 6 months.  We are overwhelmed with home renovations, and I've looked online to try to repair it myself.  It is highly inconvenient to purchase a fairly high-end product and have a basic function such as producing ice fail.  We've attempted the reset buton, and then it started to work for one day, but then everythign came out slushy, and water would drip from the ice dispenser area.  

Is there any fix to this issue?  It appears to be a major manufacturing defect caused by the lack of a defrosting mechanisim. I certainly don't want to defrost the refrigerator every six months.  While I like the referigerator overall, I am contemplating demanding a refund.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernEhBzNKiPA

I understand your situation.  Please send me your complete model code and serial number to the link below, and I will be glad to look into your issue.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernEhBzNKiPA

I understand your situation.  Please send me your complete model code and serial number to the link below, and I will be glad to look into your issue.

usercDR0UcufiQ
Constellation

Re: RF28HMEDBWW Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same recurring leakage and freezing of the ice maker. I must use a heat gun about every 3 weeks. How can I get the parts to rectify the ice maker problem? I would not expect to pay for the parts. I can replace the parts myself but sending out a service tech would be even better. 

This should be corrected by Samsung free of charge. 

Thanks

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercDR0UcufiQ

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your fridge.  Please provide me with your complete serial number and model to the link below and I will be glad to look into your issue.  

Warning: Do NOT use a hair dryer to attempt to loosen the ice bucket. This will damage the refrigerator.

userQslK8x8Xet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with model RF24SEDBSR/AA..I am so frustrated..solution please!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userwE4cYlGUJq
Constellation

Re: RF28HMEDBWW Ice Maker Issue - "Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" - THERE IS NONE!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From Samsung: Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

What are you talking about????? There IS no solution to fix a very poor design to begin with. Fortunately I bought an extended warranty because, as with most all, a couple of months out of the factory warranty the icemaker leaked water, froze up, and quite making ice. The icemaker has now been replaced twice with all of the "new parts and updates", including sealing the space around the ice box, and three months after the last replacement I was back to a frozen up icemaker and dripping water. Tech came out from the same repair company ( very good company, by the way) looked at the icemaker, went through the system and said he would call to get a replacement refrigerator authorization. He was speaking with a technician for the warranty company and he was walked through several checks and test. The tech at the warranty company, following Samsung Tech Manual, has decided that the water pressure was too high....I guess even THEY will try anything to avoid replacing defective products. The tech working on the unit indicated his doubt but his hands are tied and we have to go through the dance of the 48 hour complete defrost one more time and, as the tech said, "see ya in a couple more months". The tech indicated that the new repair kit seems to working good for some but many others, such as myself, just have a defective unit that will never be ok. Well, I have three years left on the extended warranty so I expect this will be a moot point as we all know it will fail again and then there won't be an excuse for not replacing. I wish everyone luck with getting anything from Samsung in a class action......only the lawyers are winners in those.