cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re:RF22KREDB Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot get the cover off the ice maker to reset it after defrosting 6 hours.  It is interesting that it took over a year (past warranty) to develop this problem?  So a hairdryer helps defrost?  Where do you aim the hairdryer?  The side or the front?  Well, I am not going to stand there holding a hair dryer anyway.  Maddening!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re:RF22KREDB Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and instead of using a hair dryer I put 2 mugs of hot water in the compartment. I keep replacing the water with new hot water until the ice is all melted. It is easier to melt the hard to reach back frozen area with hot water than a hair dryer. 

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZaXNOO54Pq: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the full model number and the serial number of your unit. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to make this right.

@SamsungMichelle or whoever your superiors are need to address the countless ice maker issues.

I just paid a repairman $85 for a 5 minute estimate, to which he wanted $330 to replace the unit that takes 5 min to swap out.

Part number is DA97-13718A which no longer is available - So - What is the replacement part number?

Your samsung parts phone number rings but nobody picks up.

my fridge is 2 years old - same as the others.... $2000 spent for what?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VonSlingshot, we would be more than happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message with your model and the serial number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For those searching for part number DA97-13718A and see that it is no longer available anywhere, the part number has been changed to DA97-13718C

as to any changes to the new part number, I am unaware.

But it will help you find the replacement when Samsung hangs you out to dry.

Also, do not be scared into paying extortion pricing for the replacement.

The part is $141 and there are all kinds of videos to guide you to replace it.

I watched the tech remove and replace it in just a few minutes but wanted $350 for the job.

Shame on Samsung. This is not a disposable cel phone.

You need to make things right with your customers.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have read a long, long  thread of posts regarding the Samsung icemakers and I believe a class action lawsuit will be effective in this case.  Please be prepared to join in if you are experiencing the same problems that so many other are complaining about.   Contact me:   <Edit>  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fill out the form online and you will be kept up to date

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 4 door French door refrigerator also just stopped making ice out of nowhere. The box isn’t frosted over, just not working. I pushed the reset button until it chimed but have yet to hear any ice be made. I’m furious! How do I get in on the class action lawsuit?? I have never seen so many complaints about something and the company do NOTHING to remedy what is certainly their manufacturing problem. Samsung....I need a working ice maker. Why won’t you stand by your product and help us? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user377LwxtCHJ   Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.