cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYtLhYCvKde
Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model RF263BEAESR/AA that I purchased Dec 2016.  I've had nothing but problems shortly before the 1 year mark.  Unfortunately, I did not buy an extended warranty.   Due to limited funds, I've been trying to troubleshoot on my own.  Eventually, I bought a home warranty (basically just for this very issue) and the technician came out, told me about a class action lawsuit and that eventually my ice maker would become inoperatable and that no one has been able to fix it due to the freezing up issue.  He said mine had no evidence that this was occuring just yet, and before leaving he said I would have ice in 24 hours.  It's been a week and nothing.  I have a call put back in to them to come out again for no charge.  Of course, I still had to pay for the home warranty and the service fee.  We live in Arizona and it's summer so it's been upwards of 115 degrees on the hottest days - without a working ice machine.  I have kids.  We have to buy ice every couple of days.  I will not recommend this brand of fridge to anyone I know.  This has been a huge inconvenience to my family.  It was my first new appliance purchase, too.  Not a great experience...

userei1SxWXh2i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Is there a solution to this problem? I am also having the same issue and having to defrost the ice build up and reset just to get a few ice cubes. Something better needs to come out.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand your frustration. Can you send me your serial number via private message?

Skeeter
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am have the same issue with the ice maker. I have trying the hairdryer and it made about 10 ice cubes, also I have hit the reset button 15 times and it will make small amount if any ice cubes. It never has anymore than one drinks worth of ice in the ice tray. I know everyone has asked but just wanted to make sure there is no "real" fix for these ice makers not working? The model number of the fridge is RF263BEAESR. This is crazy for a not cheap fridge to not work in less than 3 years of ownership. 

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Skeeter

I realize that this situation is difficult, and will be happy to look into your issue.  Please provide me with your complete serial number to the link below and I will verify the warranty of the fridge.

userKfoqZVLDZC
Astronaut

ICE maker not freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung model # rf263beaebc that does not make ice correctly and leaks water everywhere.  I performed reset te ice maker and performed the maintenance check and it gave me code e39.  I changed the ice maker and it started working for a couple months.  Now it has been leaking water and the ice is slushy.  I did the maintenance check again and it gave me no codes.  Reset the ice maker and it cycles normally... What I have noticed is the cooler tube coming from the fridge is freezing occasionally and when it's not freezing the ice that is semi frozen is dumped and hence the slushy and water leaking... The ice maker cycles normally and works correctly.  My issue is the cooling tubes for the ice maker from the fridge... What could fix my issue... FYI this will be my first and last samsung fridge, but I'll continue to buy the galaxies😉

userXISxt6MpNa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My icemaker has also stopped working.  I did the reset process with no result. What are my other options?

Model #: RFG237AARS

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userXISxt6MpNa Can you send a Private Message https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full model number and the serial number? We would be happy to investigate.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJQxAhABqTC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model #: RF268ABRS. I had all of the problems described on this thread. Had the ice makers replaced 4 times. The control board was replaced 3 times. I have American Home Shield. They kept sending out the same 2 repair companies. Each time thier solution was replace the ice maker and the control board. After much frustration I told American Home Shield to send out a different repair company. New guy came out. He had me give him the histrory and my experience and told him that the control board and ice maker were replace 2 weeks ago. He said...lets take a look. He pulled the fridge out and removed the bottom cover panel. He immediately said...Well, I see the problem. The compressor was running but the cooling fan was not. He said that's the problem. 'If the compressor is too hot it will not produce ice'. I was a little scepticle. He said he would order a new fan and new fan motor. In the mean time he said for me to leave the fridge pulled out and put a small fan behind it pointing to the compressor. He said it would take a week for the parts to come in. Off he went. I did what he said to do. Small fan behind the fridge blowing on the compressor. Sure enough, within 18 hours we had almost a full bin of ice. For the next 6 days before he came back the ice maker was making ice like crazy. GREAT!!! He came out, replaced the fan and fan motor. We emptied the ice bin so we could see if the new fan equipment would produce the same results. We emptied the ice bin at 5PM. By the next morning the ice bin was almost full. YES!!! The problem seems to be the cooling of the compressor. Most repair companies only do what Samsung say to do...replace the ice maker and control. NOT. Finally, we got a company to come out that actually knew what could cause the problem. Two years of grief simply because the untrained technicians from the money grubing repaire companies would not dig deeper into the repeated problem. It's been running for 4 days and, finally, we have ample ice. IT'S THE COOLING FAN!!!