cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZmDNGe1mrg
Constellation

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here on our RF23HCEDBSR, started with the water not dispensing and pulling out the ice tray to find everything frozen over. Melted the ice with a hair dryer and the water dispenser started working again but then started getting water into the ice. Pulled the ice tray and it was iced over again. Tried sealing the gap beween the bottom of the icemaker and refrigerator side with RTV and beefed up the white seal with no change. Refrigerator is about a year and a half old. Any help Samsung?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZmDNGe1mrg Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userDqzqkCc2p7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess my frustration is just begining. We have had our RF26J7500WW for less than two years. The drip started a couple months ago .  Reading the comments here is very disheartening, especially the lack of Samsung input/support. I am starting with the bubble wrap fix as that is about the extent of my handiness. If that fails I would have to consider calling for service. Given the lack of success stories that everyone in this discussion has had with that route I would have to think seriously about putting good money after bad and whether the fix is getting rid of the Samsung and investing in an appliance that works as advertised.

userwB51qwCILw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a counter-depth, french door, bottom freezer model. 30 months old.  Having all the same major issues reported on here.  Already had the entire ice maker replaced once and, after only about 2 months, it's happening again. But this time our evaporator coil got so iced over that the fridge died, so not sure if that is making the ice maker issue worse this time.  

We've now had the ice maker replaced and the entire evaporator section will be replaced this week, likely the ice maker again soon.  The ABT tech tells me there is also a widespread issue with condesation under the crisper drawers that will require a service in the next six months.  Due to fridge failure all of my food is in coolers in my kitchen - I have a loaner fridge arriving today. 

Luckily I had the foresight to spend $150 on the four-year extended warranty through ABT. Scheduling the service takes several days and is very inconvenitent but it costs nothing.  In any case I cannot continue to deal with this and have a feeling that, come next summer, I will have a new fridge.  Certainly not a Samsung.  My advice to anyone on here - if you're having these same issues and don't have an extended warranty just bite the bullet and get a new fridge. You'll spare yourself a lot of frustration and will probably save money in the long run.

Samsung, you should be ashamed.  The quality of this unit is abysmal and your refusal to admit your error and support your customers is even more outrageous.  You have lost a customer for life, and I will make sure that anyone I know considering a new home appliance knows my experience in vivid detail.

user7bbR00xMXT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to resolve my issue by melting the chunk of ice blocking the air flow from the fan.  Used a heat gun after removing the fan/motor assembly and melted all the ice back there.  Been fine for about two weeks, but I fully expect to have to do this again in the future.  I had a Samsung at my previous house that was even worse.  It was a side by side and the freezer side needed to have the entire rear internal panel removed to melt all the frozen ice back there.  I eventually got tired of it and replaced it with a Whirlpool that was trouble free.  When I moved 1.5 years ago and saw the new house had a Samsung, I crossed my fingers but here we are, once again with more condensation freezing issues.

91RS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can't imagine why the previous owners would have left it behind...

Highlighted
usereiy5aPHvDN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an ongoing issue for me. I had several repair people come out. Once they said sometimes it goes into "display mode" I unplugged for 3 minutes and turned on. My water has not been coming out, just drips. When I press ice I get about  1/2 ounce of water then ice that is not frozen. This type of fridge has a seperate coller for the ice because it is in refridgerator.

I have had Sears - which is now A & E come out 3 times. I replaced a few parts costing me a lot of money. The walter filter housing ($347), the hose connector ($53) from filter to ice and I still have the ongoing noise (like a golf ball is being thrown at the side) and the defrost issue. There is damage to my wood floors because of the leak. The worst is SAMSUNG DOESNT CARE. We spent over $2500 on this and 3 years later it has cost me so much money! No way to get any warranty on it either. A & E is the only company that will service these. I am contacting lawyers IF you want to get in I am going to start a class action lawsuit against them.

userKlF5yMcKpu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having the same issue with my RF28JBEDBSR as everyone on this thread.

It started out slowly and is getting progressively worse. Here are my symptoms:

Ice is somtimes jammed coming out of the ice making tray, so it won't drop down to the catch area

Ice catch area full of slushy ice at times

Ice dispenser on Cubed mode dispensing crushed ice

Pools of water inside the fridge and on top of the Flexzone drawer/seal

Pools of water on top of the ice dispenser flap, which then delivers that water as a surprise when you go to get ice

Yea it's pretty sad that my fairly expensive, aesthetically nice fridge, and isn't THAT old, has to have a towel folded up placed below the ice dispenser to catch all the water that drips down daily. I also waste my time daily wiping the inside of the fridge and ice maker opening down daily of water.

I would think that if Samsung doesn't take this widespread matter seriously, someone will definitely initiate a class action lawsuit. Please advise, thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKlF5yMcKpu:  Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useribLkeHV0v5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ditto. I’m having the same ice maker issue as everyone else. Fridge is 16 months old now but leaking started about 3 months ago. It’s a shame. We are remodeling our kitchen and have now chosen to go with a different brand for all other appliances. I once loved Samsung, now I pity them. Too bad quality has taken a back seat to cost-cutting and quantity.