JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 11/15/18 6:19 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
mbennett27
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

do you have information on the class action suit?  I'd like to be a part of it.

0 Likes
DaleJrFan88
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Google KSG Samsung lawsuit. You can sign up on their web page for it. 

0 Likes
userGax5LevpD6
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I will join the class action!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
MLH3
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchase a Samsung refrigerator in September, 2015 (RF23HCEDBSR) and also began having icemaker problems right after the one year warranty period.  Water drips out of the chute (no, I don't use crushed ice - ever) so it's not an issue of crushed ice collecting in the chute and subsequently melting.  Ice comes out wet and often times NOT in full cubes.  Water will drip after trying to fill a glass with ice, etc.  From what I am reading on these posts, the Samsung icemakers in general are garbage and there doesn't seem to be any good fix other than countless attempts to repair by Samsung authorized service techs.  Are there any options we have???  Class action lawsuit?  Samsung doesn't seem very willing to correct their problems.

0 Likes
userso2lus9Ymu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue with RF28JBEDBSR.  They will not fix it as my warranty is up.  I have joined the class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
userZj3IzlTQwh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How are you guys joining the class action suit? I've made a couple attempts and am not getting a reply from them.

0 Likes
userLXDRLawbdc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

September 25
I just had a complete replacement of the ice maker in my 2015 refrigerator. The ice maker had stopped working some time ago. The parts replaced were; the ice maker, auger assembly, ice bucket, and special Y kit. The air gaps were also filled with silicone. The ice maker and auger assembly were manufactured in late August of this year. I waited on the parts to come in for about 7 weeks. The first couple of batches were a little slushy, but that probably was due to the temperature that was not stabilized yet. The next morning, the ice bucket was about 90% full. I believe I have the latest parts that are available. I will post updates on the 1st and 15th of each month for those of you that are interested to know if the problem has been fixed yet or not. I have the 4 door chef choice refrigerator. Temperature is set to 37 degrees, and the energy saver is turned off.

Refrigerator model: RF24J9960S4/AA
New Part Numbers:
Ice Maker; DA97-13718C
Auger: DA97-12540G
Ice Bucket: No model # on bucket. (the vanes on the auger that move the ice to the door are more robust)
Y clips: DA82-02367A

October 1: Ice bucket full this morning, no sign of frost/ice build up on the bottom or side of ice maker.
October 15: Ice bucket full this morning. No sign of frost or ice build up in the ice maker.
0 Likes
user8xSxDS6iTH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userLXDRLawbdc wrote:

October 1: Ice bucket full this morning, no sign of frost/ice build up on the bottom or side of ice maker.
October 15: Ice bucket full this morning. No sign of frost or ice build up in the ice maker.

I wish you the best of luck -- I had all of those parts replaced in April of this year and I thought it was fixed for about 6 weeks =)

0 Likes
MikeCamp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are having the same issue.  About three months ago the ice cubes began dispensing in pieces instead of whole ice cubes and they are a bit mushy.  We also have a little water that drops into the glass before the ice cubes start to fall.  My father in law has a similar refrigerator with same issue but he bought the extended warranty, we didn't.  He was told they would replace the whole ice maker unit.  They also told him the water was caused by crack in the bottom of the bucket that holds the ice.  I checked our ice holder and sure enough it has a couple of cracks in it as well.  My father in law was told there is a service letter about this issue, so going to try and follow up on that but from what I have read here it does not appear that may do much good.  I hate to say it but if this does not get resolved without a bunch of out of pocket on our side, I will not be buying any more samsung appliances.  This refrigerator is way to expensive to have these types of issues this early in the game.  FYI - refrigerator was purchased in January of 2015 so its just over two years old.   My refrigerator type is just a bit diff than what I posted here: the model is RF28HMEDBSR.  Just got off the phone with their support group, of course I was told to reset the ice maker, lower the freezer temp and raise the refrigerator temp and that if my ice maker had cracks in it then they could direct me to parts that I could buy.  Yet another wasted phone call and waste of time...

0 Likes
userMVh1ImUEXP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would like to see that service letter if it is available. Very good post, appreciate the information

0 Likes