Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 11/29/18 9:16 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
user7bbR00xMXT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've found banging the ice out with a long screwdriver and a mallot to be quicker and create less moisture in the compartment.  Then I take the ice maker part out into the garage and blow it dry with a leaf blower.  Then about three weeks later it ices up and I do it all over again.

0 Likes
userECIMLgkPeL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I’m having the same issues. My refrigerator was purchased one year ago (11/01/17) from Lowe’s in Tucson, Arizona.   A class action is in order since it is apparent Samsung is unable or unwilling to remedy this defect.  This thread has been running over a year now.  Shame on Samsung !  

0 Likes
useribLkeHV0v5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ditto. I’m having the same ice maker issue as everyone else. Fridge is 16 months old now but leaking started about 3 months ago. It’s a shame. We are remodeling our kitchen and have now chosen to go with a different brand for all other appliances. I once loved Samsung, now I pity them. Too bad quality has taken a back seat to cost-cutting and quantity. 

0 Likes
usero8INewJMgQ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

SAME ISSUE HERE! Ours is barely a year old! Our new wood floors are being ruined due to constant water dripping from the fridge! Our toddler has slipped on these puddles as well! We had no ice for Thanksgiving dinner with a house full of people! This is just beyond cruel for such a big company to care so little about losing customers! I have begun my campaign to make sure everyone I know/ meet or see looking at a Samsung appliance, knows how horrible their products are! We were dumb enough to get their stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer and we have had issues with ALL!!!! Madness! ugh so frustrated I swear I will be in every store (especially around holidays/big sales) selling Samsung appliances and hold up a sign warning people not to buy! I have 13,000 people on social media accounts who will know and I'll make sure all my neighbors and their families know! Word of mouth people! Spread the word!! 

0 Likes
torpid_tapir
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I checked, and the white gasket had a little gap. I then rde red a replacement gasket and still had the same issue. I then defrosted the icemaker are ares I've seen some people do and still have the same issue.
0 Likes
torpid_tapir
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I checked, and the white gasket had a little gap. I then ordered a replacement gasket that does seal and still had the same issue. I then defrosted the icemaker are ares I've seen some people do and still have the same issue.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Are you a regular crushed ice user by any chance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
torpid_tapir
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No, our house uses the uncrushed whole cubes.

0 Likes
userLliV45dqLv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So my ice machine worked fine. Then my mom moved in and due to kidney issues is not allowed to drink water so she would use he crushed ice option to suck on ice. After a month or so it started leaking. Do you think this is the issue and if so how do I fix it 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userLliV45dqLv: How much is leaking?  It could be the residual ice from using the "crushed" option.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes