JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 12/13/18 12:16 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userxSVfNeMyig
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am with you. Just started this problem on a year old refrigerator.  We bought this one after we traded in the LG because of ice maker issues.  If they don't fix this one, I won't buy another Samsung product ever again.

0 Likes
userrSRKIGEutQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My fridge is out of warranty. I probably bought it in 2014. While it was under warranty it was fixed twice for the fact that the icemaker would not make ice because the metal unit in the back had a lot of ice frozen around it. Now I have a different problem.  It is freezing in other spots of the icemaker. I have to take the ice bin out plug in a hairdryer, and dry it out every month! This is the worst refrigerator ever, I am sorry I ever replaced my old one!

0 Likes
userVnRlabpmuI
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I deal with this same exact issue!  Im out of warranty so i’m probably out of luck.

0 Likes
userDML5Tjybu2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issues here...little over a year old and we’ve had to defrost 4 or 5 times. Now not working at all. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userDML5Tjybu2: Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userLXDRLawbdc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

September 25

I just had a complete replacement of the ice maker in my 2015 refrigerator. The ice maker had stopped working some time ago. The parts replaced were; the ice maker, auger assembly, ice bucket, and special Y kit. The air gaps were also filled with silicone. The ice maker and auger assembly were manufactured in late August of this year. I waited on the parts to come in for about 7 weeks. The first couple of batches were a little slushy, but that probably was due to the temperature that was not stabilized yet. The next morning, the ice bucket was about 90% full. I believe I have the latest parts that are available. I will post updates on the 1st and 15th of each month for those of you that are interested to know if the problem has been fixed yet or not. I have the 4 door chef choice refrigerator. Temperature is set to 37 degrees, and the energy saver is turned off.

Refrigerator model: RF24J9960S4/AA
New Part Numbers:
Ice Maker; DA97-13718C
Auger: DA97-12540G
Ice Bucket: No model # on bucket. (the vanes on the auger that move the ice to the door are more robust)
Y clips: DA82-02367A

October 1: Ice bucket full this morning, no sign of frost/ice build up on the bottom or side of ice maker.
October 15: Ice bucket full this morning. No sign of frost or ice build up in the ice maker.
November 1: Ice bucket full this morning. I did notice a very small amount of frost on the bottom and side of the ice maker. It easily wipe off with a kitchen towel. Not sure if this is going to be needed on a monthly basis or not going foreward.
November 15: Ice bucket full. Small amount on frost on the bottom of the ice maker again.
I did not wipe it off this time as I want too see if it starts to grow in the coming weeks.
November 30: Ice bucket remains full. Slight amount of frost on the side, back and bottom of ice maker. Not really visible, but you can feel with you hand. Slightly more than 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We appreciate the updates!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userMPkGE5BI2E
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well I am back to the slushy ice phase, have not had that in some time.  I almost prefer having to open the ice maker up and chip off the ice every month to this.

Sad to see Samsung has still taken no responsibilty or action to actually help customers.

0 Likes
usery9zFwTWHLq
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How does one join the class action? 

userq4XmGV135K
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am realizing that Samsung may be removing posts from customers... probably because there are so many.  I have posted here at least three times about the ice maker freeze up issues with our refrigerator and they are not all even here anymore!  

Join the lawsuit at classaction.org I believe.  

I have been defrosting the thing monthly now for over a year.  Waiting to replace the ice maker, the auger, and the ice house?  I am watching the many videos of the repair and continue to study before either replacing these myself or hiring someone.  If you hire a repair technician you need to be sure they know what they are doing.  So far I know I want to be sure and get the most updated parts from Samsung as possible as, after all, the issues almost everyone has are because the design was bad and since then the manufacturer has created improved parts.  Gee you would think they would WANT to remedy these issues by taking care of all of us customers.  Oh yeah, you only get that from companies who VALUE customers.  Have asked about it no less than three times with the manufacturer but always same answer, not our problem.  

0 Likes