JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/2/19 9:34 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userrSRKIGEutQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am very interested in a lawsuit as well!!! $2400 and its garbage

0 Likes
userMf73gGaqzQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you tell me how to find info on joining the lawsuit?

0 Likes
DaleJrFan88
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Every time I try to post a link it gets deleted. Just google Kohn Swift Samsung lawsuit. Fill out a brief questionnaire giving them your info and that’s all there is to it. If a settlement is ever reached you’ll be notified. 

userMqu4fA2wMu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I also just had my auger, bucket i think Y clips ...and near sensor panel replaced today with the new part numbers as well. Also siliconed the ice maker area.

This is the 3rd repair due to condensation ...and loud fan noise from ice build up hitting the cooling fans and the 2nd time for the ice maker though in defense... they didn't replace parts for the ice issue the last time.

Thankfully im covered under an extended warranty on my 2015 countertop samsung purchase.

Additionally ... my forced defrost mode is different than I've seen posted.

Upper left and middle right buttons at one time.. then upper right to FD.

I really hope this fixes the issue. 

Will keep posted.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usernXEbs1UZIO
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the info, just signed up!!!!

0 Likes
user4ioJVP8xbq
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I have the same fridge you do. My issue is the noise that the fridge makes where it sounds like it’s hitting something. I have heard it’s related to the ice maker. We thaw the fridge and it fixes it for a month and then it’s back. I see your post was from 2017. Did it permanently resolve the issue?

0 Likes
userS2WVi4XV3A
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@user4ioJVP8xbq wrote:

Hi, I have the same fridge you do. My issue is the noise that the fridge makes where it sounds like it’s hitting something. I have heard it’s related to the ice maker. We thaw the fridge and it fixes it for a month and then it’s back. I see your post was from 2017. Did it permanently resolve the issue?

So when our frig had this issue, it had frozen the icemaker solid and the hitting was the drive gear on the tray trying to rotate it. It had split the gear in half with the pressure. It would make a racket wit the knocking. 

Our entire icemaker was replaced.

0 Likes
userCzgtAxoQyk
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

0 Likes
userorqrRPoUyZ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi I have the same ice anker issue with my Samsung French door refrigerator. How should I file a complaint with the state attorney general? I’m n NY

0 Likes