JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/8/19 11:59 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
user2sjP7uFqA2
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have been having the same issue with my Samsung refrigerator model number RF23HTEDBSR  for about the last six months. It was purchased in March of 2017 and the warranty will be expiring soon. I have called Samsung several times only to be told that I need to defrost the freezer. They have refused to send out a technician. My warranty is obviously expiring soon. I am going to try to call yet again today. 

0 Likes
useryHZvi4ASdy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have exactly the same problem! Was Samsung able to help you??  We've resorted to buying ice in a bag, because every time we finally get the ice maker to thaw (by using hot water in containers, etc...such a pain), then within weeks it freezes up again. Then, because the ice maker is frozen, we have water leaking into the bottom of the refrigerator! Help! When we purchased it, best buy came out 3 times to fix the problem. Replaced the icemaker, etc. We still have the problem!  How do we fix it??? HELP! 970-290-7333 Thanks! Aleesa

0 Likes
user9pcN3a2eVp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Do you know that I have been buyingg bag ice for the past year. I have this Great looking fridge that cost me $3,500 at the time and after the ice maker froze up every other week, broke and was replaced twice, I gave up. Samsung will not help you, there are hundreds on this page alone with the same horror story. I have many Samsung electronic in my house and I have started switching out to LG for Dish washer and Smart TV's... I still have this fridge which is 3 years old and the microwave above our Gas stove is Samsung... I am Hellbent on replacing every Samsung product with LG.. I even switched my cell phone to LG!!!

0 Likes
user9pcN3a2eVp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I should say, I had many Samsung products in my house... Down to two and when those break, I am done.. Its a joke to them!
0 Likes
userZtIqrJwc3d
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

FYI, LG has the same HORRIBLE support as Samsung and is notorious with installers for how crappy thier support is and how difficult it is to fix. A huge portion of the repair market won't even work on LG and Samsung.

They also have a major tendancy to stop producing critical parts before the 10 years that the law requires and then refuses to service them. They did this to our gas Range and our Microwave. It took the involvement of the AG's office in the issue before they finally relented and bought back both for a major discount.

Stay away from both Samsung and LG. They're both great for the first 2 years and then die and you're left holding the bag with hundreds of dollars in repairs, most of the time that dont' work, and that's if you can get it fixed at all.

0 Likes
user9pcN3a2eVp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Which brand do you trust now? I remember having Kenmore appliances when I was a kid and we had those for my entire childhood.. Our Fridge lasted at least 15 years without a hicuup.. I know they were much more simple, but our washer and dryer were the same.

0 Likes
userZtIqrJwc3d
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Sears (Kenmore) is going bankrupt and generally are just rebrands of GE, Maytag, Fridgedaire, Kitchenaid etc. All of which seem to be good alternatives. Haven't had any problems with any of these brands whereas endless trouble with Samsung and LG.

0 Likes
userhCnzfkUC5t
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Purchased the fridge in 9/2014.  Ice makers quit sometime between 2016-2017.

IS there a fix?  Been buying bags of ice and using our very old basement fridge for ice (that ice make keeps cranking out perfect ice - its a whirlpool)  I've been reading this since both ice makers quit working (out of warranty) and really don't want to spend good money chasing a bad purchase....I probably could figure out how to replace both myself if there is a suitable option...I've defrosted etc....

0 Likes
userB7F82qZzAA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I need to know if this problem exists in the 2018 model. We have purchased one but it has not been delivered. Should I cancel this purchase?

0 Likes
user5vLoO0Jw75
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

YES!  It'll be great for a year or two - then the expenses start.  You'll be out of warranty and they will NOT care that they sold you a defective product.  Then you'll be out here with the rest of us, buying bags of ice because your ice maker keeps freezing up. 

0 Likes