JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/8/19 12:51 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I apologize for the confusion, we ask for a private message to obtain personal information to see if there is anything we can offer.

0 Likes
user5V6vfLjYAp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I think it is time Samsung acknowledges and refunds to all who have spent fortunes trying to fix a defective product.  

0 Likes
RYTEDEAL
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem. My top ice maker started freezing up and driping water at 15 months. Samsung customer support line doesn't seem to want to help with the 1000's of complaints. It's all over the Internet that Samsung knowingly has been selling a product with a ice maker defect. Thereare several tech notes on how to fix but nothing is working. Sad, my Whirlpool refridgerater lasted 22 years. A +$2000 refridgerater shouldn't have this problem as large as it is. Samsung broken at 15 months??? WAKE UP SAMSUNG! Do the right thing and help your customers.  Maybe this site will help us? If not, I won't stop here.

0 Likes
useruqOk3hrwtL
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Having the same issue. Model number RF28HFEDBSR/AA year bought 2016 from Home Depot brand new. Is there a recall? Apparently Samsung sold faulty refrigerators .
0 Likes
userJiOjUke1oF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Here is the link to a class action lawsuit.

• <Hidden> 

0 Likes
user5vLoO0Jw75
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The problem is they have your money, your warranty is up, and they flat-out don't care. A $3,500 refrigerator with an icemaker that is complete junk.  Ours has already been replaced - still having problems.  Did the first one under warranty - now it's $500 (1/6th the cost of the unit new) to have it repaired again, with absolutely no guarantee (or consumer confidence) that it will work.   It's their loss - we are looking for all new appliances for our lake cabin - Refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washer & dryer - and they are definitely out of the running.  We had similar experiences with LG and won't be considering them, either.  Samsung is dead to me.  I cannot WAIT for the class action to move forward.  I want the entire value of the refrigerator back - they can have it.  Just give me my money and I'll go buy a Maytag.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Anyone having trouble, please send us a message here: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userOddZEHg9Z0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ya, cause your totally going to take responsibility for the thousands if not tens of thousands of people having problems with your refridgerators and going to do something other than circle jerk us around!

Sorry spent 8 hours on the phone with you guys trying to get you to do what's right and honor your legal obligations and you won't. So now I'm waiting a little while longer to see if the class action is going forward and if not I'm going to file in small claims against you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to see that you feel that way.  You're welcome to contact us if you choose to do so.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
ROWDY1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Re: RF31FMESBSR Ice Maker Issue
Sent: ‎04-04-2018 02:37 PM

Sadly repairs are recommended. Based on the serial number there is a bill of sale on file for this unit. The date of purchase indicates that the warranty has expired as of 06/30/2014. You are welcome to use the following link to seek local authorized repair centers and obtain pricing

Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused. 

My reply

(The funny thing is the original receipt for the purchase is dated 03/02/15)

I informed them I will contact my state attorney general's office and consumer protection board.

0 Likes