JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/8/19 12:57 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
useryi76X6DNaN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Dont know about 2018, but the bottom line is you are buying from a company that does not stand behind their products.  4-5 years out they do not have a solution for us on this ice maker issue.

@userB7F82qZzAA wrote:

I need to know if this problem exists in the 2018 model. We have purchased one but it has not been delivered. Should I cancel this purchase?

0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Thank you for posting this !! They need to fix this issue
0 Likes
user6xeyFZx93t
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just cancelled our order at Best Buy for model RF28JBEDBSG after reading all the online complaints and class action suit. We cancelled because we have been unable to confirm that Samsung has fixed the design issue with the ice maker in the newer models. I called - went through 2 people (someone is supposed to call back at some point) and had a live chat. Each person denied knowledge of the ice maker issue and one told me there is no legal action taking place. Does anyone have information confirming that Samsung has now addressed this issue in the fridges currently being sold?

Thank you

Dan

0 Likes
DaleJrFan88
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Good choice. The issue has not been fixed because my ice maker was replaced with all the new parts and it still freezes up worse now than before. My home warranty finally got tired of replacing it and has just bought us a brand new refrigerator. I sure didn’t buy a Samsung nor any model that had the same ice maker up in the corner like that. There absolutely is an ongoing lawsuit so they just lie and deny and refuse to make it right. You saved yourself a lot of misery and headache by canceling that order. 

0 Likes
user4nl1dVXbvJ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please give us an update on the status of the fixes.

0 Likes
user5V6vfLjYAp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had an extended warranty as well and they went through all the 'little fixes' and even replaced the ice maker

(RF30HFEDBSR).  Bottom line is nothing works as it is a known design flaw.   I am going to join the class action.

0 Likes
deltavee77
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How do I join the class action, too?

0 Likes
usermtjjfDt69i
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We had a new ice maker installed. Yes $500 and it continues to freeze up :pouting_face:

0 Likes
user496FSJus7z
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I replaced the ice maker, adjusted the fill tube, replaced the styrofoam gasket and clips, silicone all seams. Guess what- it’s worse than before! Used to freeze up once in a long while, now it’s at least once a month! Going to buy a counter-top ice maker, this is an absolute piece of garbage!

0 Likes
user2eiUhy7kqh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Moderator

I have read most of these posts going back three years. Is there a fix besides thawing out every six months? This seems like a recall of some sort is in order.

0 Likes