JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 1/8/19 1:35 PM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
userlMTI4sKcui
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

10 min. Fix..turn off ice maker. Use hair dryer to melt inside of ice maker after removing the ice tray.reset ice maker .have to do this every 6-8 months ..it works..

0 Likes
user5vLoO0Jw75
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have to do mine at least once every two weeks.  And yes, we've siliconed the cabinet.  Samsung has been of ZERO help other than telling us they will send out a tech but we have to pay for it - parts and labor.  Thinking about taking them to small claims court rather than waiting on the class action to settle.

0 Likes
userMqu4fA2wMu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought a 5 year extended warranty from Home Depot when I bought the fridge in '15. so I'm basically good until 2020 then I'm toast.

My last repair guy said to look at Viking or SubZero... but the SZ apparently is prone to lemon issues as well... and those bills are HUGE.  They were smart... no ice maker up high.. and it just produces ice..

It's a shame the quality stinks. I hope the class action goes through as well.

0 Likes
userq4XmGV135K
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please let us know how you do with the small claims action.  How did you set it up, did you get the money?  What was the process.  I too don't feel like waiting for the class action.  I have to defrost at least monthly ever since the thing crossed the one year mark.  Just as with everyone else, Samsung denies any responsibility.  Thank goodness I did not waste more money trying to replace the componenents as those who have and reported here, have stated that the same issues returned.  Thanks

0 Likes
userao3sUSBog2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the list of people who have had problems. We have an extended warranty and have had a tech to our house 4 times. 2 times for leaking water out of the ice dispenser and 2 times for the fan rattling and making loud noises. Our dispenser has been replaced twice and the fan once. Now I’m having the ice maker freezing problem. It has frozen up 2 times now. So I can imagine I’ll have to call the warranty line and set up something to have the ice maker unit serviced and replaced. Every time we have to have service it just keeps making my wife want to get new appliances more and more. They are only 4 years old.  If we continue to have problems and decide on a new fridge it surely won’t be a Samsung. 

0 Likes
userWVTkDc2GGf
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for that info, but it is still a problem that we need to hold Samsung responsible for. I paid close to $3000 for this refrigerator with all the bells and whistles. It is automatic defrost and has ice & water in the door. All these features are there to make life easier, not harder. In all honesty, I am a retired refrigeration tech, have worked with all the main American appliance companies for 18 years until health issues made me retire early. This is an absolutely unacceptable problem, but companies DO NOT stand behind their products anymore, or their work/repairs. If I wanted a manual defrost unit, I would have purchased one for about $300 with a few 99cent ice trays. So the way I see it, Samsung owes me $2700 refund for this equipment they conned me into buying. I've had 3 repairs within the first 2 years of owning it with the ex-war I got from the dealer, then when ex-war ran out I started dealing with Samsung's directly. After a ton of run-a-round, finally got them to cover repairs & send a local Samsung specializing tech. So now I've had 2 of those techs out & neither one resolved the problem. This fridge has had the main control board replaced, ice maker replaced 4 times, dispenser control board (includes the entire dispenser assembly on front door), the auger/fan motor assembly replaced twice, adjustment to the ice maker fill tube, sealant to the ice compartment and a new ice container because all the icebergs caused a crack. So, I just got off the phone with the company that was just out here 30 days ago & they refuse to honor their 90 day repair warranty. So back to Samsung again. I'm so tired of dealing with this.

0 Likes
cp_arlington
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung should figure out something to do and fix these at no cost. 

I am in the market to replace cooktop, oven, and microwave.  I guess i'll be looking at another manufacturer.

0 Likes
users7xHSfpK2b
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Do you continue this method and is it still working for you? Does the ICE Marker get ice up still?

Thank you in advance,
Brian
0 Likes
userHNTSgwFfbf
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When I try and dispence ice the ice machine thrust forward and I am forever having to get 2-3 pieces of ice then open freezer and push it back in and I do this until I get enough. I can't even do crushed ice anymore because it's too frustrating. I have looked for solution and resetting and locking etc...been there done that. Please help!

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

userHNTSgwFfbf, this will require service, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number. Link

0 Likes