cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertY9zfebwFf
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having issues with my Samsung refrigerator ice maker.  It has not produced ice quickly or made good ice since we purchased it in 2016.  The ice is always soft and at times it doesn't produce at all.  I have been on all the websites and looked at all the posts on this blog, hoping for some advice that would help.  My Model is a 

RF28HFEDBSR/AA and my serial number # 065K43AH101047Z, it was manufactured in January of 2016.  From the post on this page, I would like the newest replacement parts numbers for the following:  Ice Maker, Auger Motor, Ice Bucket and the "Y" clips & bracket.  Thank you.

userLXDRLawbdc
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To User:

usertY9zfebwFf
Constellation

Refrigerator model: RF24J9960S4/AA
Ice Maker; DA97-13718C
Auger: DA97-12540G
Ice Bucket:  No model # on bucket.  (the vanes on the auger that move the ice to the door are more robust)
Y clips: DA82-02367A
usertY9zfebwFf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for those part numbers, but I'm wondering if they are the same for my model which is different than your model.  I need the parts numbers for my RF28HFEDBSR/AA.  Maybe Samsung will respond to this  and let me know if the part numbers are the same or different !!!  Hopefully ???

user8xSxDS6iTH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userLXDRLawbdc wrote:

Ice Maker; DA97-13718C
Auger: DA97-12540G
Ice Bucket:  No model # on bucket.  (the vanes on the auger that move the ice to the door are more robust)
Y clips: DA82-02367A

I had all of these parts installed earlier this year, worked great for 6 weeks or so.

I've got defrosting on my calendar again for this weekend =/

Highlighted
user28RYFbB69w
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add my name to the now-apparent LONG list of Samsung RF24FSEDBSR French Door Refrigerator owners with ice-maker problems.  Additionally, I have a family member who bought one 6 months before me, loved theirs, so when I moved in December 2016 I bought this model for just under $4,000.  Family member's refrigerator's ice maker quit at the 18-month point after purchase.  Ice maker kept freezing up and would not make ice.  They have since stopped using theirs.  Mine just quit which means it lasted just past the 2-year point.  I was lucky I guess.  Ironically, I purchased mine at a totally different vendor than family member so this is definately a Samsung problem.  We both will be joining the class action lawsuit against Samsung over this issue.  I will not be spending any more money on repair bills for this obvious design flaw as I feel totally robbed in what I've already spent for this refrigerator.  No more Samsung products for this family!!

PS--  We also purchased a Samsung gas range with convection oven in December 2016.  Two burners have quit working which I now know is a design flaw in the knob assembly.  Definitely no more Samsung products!!!

userkE6Nqy5eon
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NOT A SOLUTION!!!!!!!

userF2Joyvuvzx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found the issue.  It has to do with the seal on the door that tries to seal to bottom of ice maker.   The side of the seal closest to the door gets dipping down in the middle letting the warmer fridge air into the ice maker causing dripping and melting.  It may be the seal needs to be wider as ice keeps knocking the seal down and wears it down.   Having repairman out this week.   

VZfactor
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

we have 3 houses and we buy all our appliances and TVs from Samsung. We have had issues with our one refriderator after the first year. However it has 2 ice makers so we turn the one on top off and use the lowwer one. I have been very ill and we spend most of our time in Florida we just let it go. Now i ambetter and strong I an a bit upset tp see manymany people having the same issue and samsung still wont tepup and address the issue. My unit is about 7 years old my moms unit is 26 years old and runs beter than mine.  My ice maker is always leaking and freezing up. I pulled the tray out the ice was stuck to the top piece and the top peace came off and cracked. still works the same poorly.

I dont expect Samsung to reply or repair it . I do expect trhem to ask about the warrenty lol there in none.

I STILL LOVE SAMSUNG PRODUCTS.  and Samsung is a Cliant at my wifes Lawfirm.

userEdh5w0XEGO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  I am having a similar issue with my model RF28HFEDTSR/AA.  I have had to defrost the unit twice and the time frames in between are growing much shorter.  The bottom ice maker hasn't worked in a while but the top one still does.    Is there a fix for this?  I honestly don't think that calling in a service ticket is a "solution" to this issue.  

Is there any type of recall or fix that can be applied to this unit? 

userCalerTKYFl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a class action law suit pending, keep an eye out!