cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotties
Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem. We have pressed the reset button and it worked for a while. Then stopped again a few days later. Pressed reset button again, nothing changed. Then about 4 days later, it started working again on its own. Worked for about a week, then stopped again. Reset doesn't do anything anymore. 3 days later it starts working again on its own.

Our ice maker is not turned off. Tried turning it off and then on again.

We changed the water filter a few weeks ago, and flushed out enough water so there is no air in the lines. Taking out the ice container and putting it back in doesn't seem to do anything different either. It just starts working, and then stops completely for days. This is not very reliable.

What are we missing???

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you also using the RF263BEAESR?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Scotties
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
YES it is the same model.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send a private message with the serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTLLqr0444A
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find any fix? Seems the same thing is happening to mine, one catalyst seems to be taking out the tray, that seems to make it stop again. Then I have to mess with it for days and it will start again.

joeydonuts
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing I do is either reinsert or use a hair dryer to remove the ice buildup. I usually do this about once a month

when ice builds up. Not a permanant solution but it works for me.

It's still a pain.

user6KugwMcNX5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

they need to do a recall on this ice maker im using a blow dryer to melt the ice build up ,about twice a week unreal bad icemaker 

userQRDRpbWkQh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I emptied out my ice bucket as we hadn’t used ice in awhile and it was all frosted and gross.  It was completely empty, without any ice build up.  I held re-set button for 12 seconds and heard a faint motor noise, so per Samsung suggestion I let go.  It did not make any new ice.  

My BLUE light (Ice OFF) button is lit (not child lock) and I can’t seem to get it off.

help!  No warranty, and can’t afford service call.

Highlighted
GeoB1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have sent a private message as well, but I am having the same issue everyone in this thread is having - water pressure is good. Ice machine on.  Ice machine reset several times, which only very occasionally works. 

Currently the ice machine is not working despite changing the filter, resetting, and hair drying everything.   Please assist.  

userfaoGGvNqwd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello. My Ice maker stopped working today. After many threads on this ossie I see there was a new ice maker issued with new parts. My question is would mine have these new parts and ice maker in it. My label shows revision 4 with a manufactured date of Nov 2017 and is model RF263BEAESG/AA. Had unit for a year and 2 months now.  Anyways I reset Ice maker , sounded a little jingle and nothing else happened ...and now as of this post 7 hours haspast and still no ice.  Just sick about this . Thank you for your time.