cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useran2oUEB2jN
Constellation

Re: ICE MAKER FREEZING UP - NO ICE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem and tried everything. We got ours at Best Buy also.

userNWyPhU48Zf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same problem, I will join the class action lawsuit, it seems like hundreds of people have the same issue with those Samsungs refrigerators,  mine is the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR ....The Ice machine freezes over at least 1-2 times a month. It stops making ice and has to be chiseled out.  I will never buy a Samsung product again , they should do a recall and fix them for free.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with your serial number so I may look into this. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userKC9nyiZEpE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you help me too please?  My ice maker freezes up constantly!  Very disappointed.  

userSvT3a6RcjR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung French Door refrigertor ice maker stopped working a month ago.  The ice gets stuck on the ejection fingers which push ice out of freezer tray into ice holding tray.  I have to pull/ remove the ice making unit out of the refrigerator to extract the stuck ice out of the freezer tray.  The ice maker then works for two days before it freezes up againg.  We purchased Feb 28, 2017 and the refrigerator is out of warranty.   Shame on Samsung for selling a bad designed icemaker that breaks after two years.  You should stand behind your products.

Samsung_x0kbfzP
Astronaut

Ensure you have a good seal.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ensure you have a good seal.

Highlighted
userUXPAL6ctfC
Asteroid

RF263BEAESG ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF263BEAESG refrigerator that is about 1.5 years old.  The ice maker keeps freezing up with buildup of ice inside the ice box.  We defrost it and works fine for a few weeks then it refreezes.  Any suggestions would be great!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF263BEAESG ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you currently have your fridge and freezer temperature set to? Have you tried lowering the temperature?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUXPAL6ctfC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven’t changed the setting yet.  The freezer is at -3 and the refrigerator is at 35

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These settings are close to the recommended temperature for the unit. Try adjusting the freezer to 0 and the fridge to 38 degrees. Can you also verify if the unit is leveled? To check this, look underneath the fridge and check if the leveling wheels are touching the ground. If the wheels are touching the ground, the unit is not leveled. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.